UBB.Dev
Posted By: pootlecat Upgrading Problems - 01/27/2005 11:09 PM
Hi,
We just upgraded from 6.2.2 to 6.5 and now I can't log in or access the control panel at all. All the forums, posts and users appear to be there just fine.
Would anyone have any ideas what might be the problem or a suggestion for where to look?
Thanks!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 1:13 AM
You are logged into threads though right? Try editing your password, if you're a long time user it may not be in MD5 hash yet...which I think the cpanel requires.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 1:14 AM
Actually I'm confusing my products.

There is no separate control panel login. Can you login to threads OK? What message do you get when you hit Control Panel?
Posted By: pootlecat Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 1:21 AM
When I try and login it gives no error and just redirects back to the main index. I am still not logged in though
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 6:10 AM
How's your computer's date and time.

Cookie settings in your brower?

Did any settings in the config.inc.php file get messed up? Cookie expiration time, cookie prefix, cookie path?

How about a different browser? That'll help narrow it down.
Posted By: pootlecat Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 2:12 PM
Nothing is changed, config.inc.php Even used the original and now change.
Cookie paths and such are unchanged as are the prefixes and as for the browser, linux/firefox would have me listed as logged in, until I clicked any of the links such as my home, etc. When I clicked Control Panel, it states you must be logged in first.

With the upgrade process from 6.2.2 > 6.5, following problems occurred:
It could not create the table for w3t_ContentIslands (I created this
manually)
In w3t_Users, I had to manually add the columns U_Birthday, U_ShowBday, U_TimeFormat, U_Ignored and U_OC_Userid
Posted By: scroungr Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 3:35 PM
Hmmm did you run the upgrades in order? from 6.2.2 to 6.5 there were probably about 6 upgrades ya had to run?
Posted By: pootlecat Re: Upgrading Problems - 01/28/2005 5:37 PM
yep - sure did
© UBB.Developers