UBB.Dev
Posted By: ehm Inserting username on mass mail - 03/03/2005 1:42 AM
I have a large number os users who never posted on the forum, and when I send mass mail asking they why, most (majority) reply asking for his/her username and password because they forgot it.
There is any why I could send mass mail using doemailusers.php and then including the username (and even password) inside the e-mail like :
"dear user [name] ,
Your username is [username]
and your password is : [password]"
??
would be great if we could do it. Inserting variables inside the mass mail.
Is that possible?
Posted By: ChAoS_dup1 Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/03/2005 6:08 AM
I don't think I would do that- I had a user with the email of [][email protected][/] and he hadnt used that email in about 3 years. One day it happened to sign on in my contact list for Trillian and I met a lovely woman named Pam in Iowa whom the email had been re-assigned to. Pretty weird
Posted By: Anno Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/03/2005 10:03 AM
The password is stored in an one way encrypted way in the database, thus you can not send them their password.
Posted By: ehm Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/04/2005 12:34 AM
OK. I would not send the password...
but my question still: can I send the username at least?

Can I include any info from the database inside the mass mail program?
That would be great if I can
Posted By: scroungr Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/04/2005 12:38 AM
well you could rewrite it a bit and send it yes.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/04/2005 1:45 AM
If you wanted to send a password - there is nothing to stop you from sending a temporary one. Would need a big of jigging but it should work.
Posted By: Anno Re: Inserting username on mass mail - 03/04/2005 2:03 AM
If they get the email, all they have to do is enter their email into the forgot password field on the login screen, then they get botht a Username and a temporary password sent to their email address.
© UBB.Developers