UBB.Dev
Posted By: smoknz28 Updated - Banned free email hosted accounts - 03/19/2005 9:01 PM
Hi gang....a few months ago I had posted up in regards to my frustrations with members recreating new accounts under these free email hosted sites only to cause 'flame wars', etc.

So, I had spent a few days rounding up these free email hosted accounts and banning them from registering on my site in order to minimize the amount of bogus accounts. This has been forcing my members to register with their ISPs email account. Making it easier for me to contact them in case there is an issue with their account or the site, and helps minimize the amount of fake accounts (so to speak).

If any of you are interested in doing the same or wish to share with me your list of the same....please post back a response here or email me personally at: [][email protected][/]

Thanks gang,
Gonzo
v6.5 UBB.threads
Posted By: ehm Re: Updated - Banned free email hosted accounts - 04/07/2005 11:29 PM
Gonzo, woulb you mind to post here your list?
And also, did you create an automaticly way to not allow those registrations or it's mannual?
© UBB.Developers