UBB.Dev
Posted By: salim How to Archive - 04/03/2005 9:35 AM
Can someone tell me how to archive topics, is there a command of some sort that I missing??
Posted By: Zarzal Re: How to Archive - 04/03/2005 11:51 AM
What do you like to do ? Export them to read it offline or archive inside UUBthreads ?

If you like to archive inside Threads just create a forum, set the permissions to read only for all groups except administrator and move the the threads to this forum, done.
Posted By: salim Re: How to Archive - 04/14/2005 5:05 AM
ok. I thought there was a auto command that archives all topic older than a year or something. A member lately informed me that he couldnt locate a certain topics, is it possible they were archives if so where are they?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: How to Archive - 04/14/2005 6:25 AM
Yeah, UBB.Threads doesn't have any archive ability.... you could move them to another forum, but that doesn't decrease load or post table size or anything.
Posted By: scroungr Re: How to Archive - 04/14/2005 7:12 AM
actually UBBT deletes posts older than the time you specify in your Control Panel -> Forum Settings -> Edit Forum -> Expire Topics but only if you have set up a cron job for doexpire.php

also you can manually prune topics by going to control panel -> prune topics

now if you haven't done either of those and the thread is gone.. you may also have a corrupt table...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: How to Archive - 04/15/2005 12:22 AM
I wrote a mod for this for 6.4.2... https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=112548

I have since stopped using it in favor of just locking threads that have not been active for 365 days.

[]
UPDATE w3t_Posts SET B_Status = "C", B_Kept = "K" WHERE ( UNIX_TIMESTAMP( ) - B_Last_Post ) / ( 3600 * 24 ) >= '365' AND B_Status != "C"
[/]

I do this manually, but it could easily be setup as a cron task - I'm just too lazy.
© UBB.Developers