UBB.Dev
Posted By: flint downgrade to 6.4? - 06/27/2005 3:36 PM
has anyone ever successfully downgraded a 6.5 installation to 6.4?

any SQL statements would be highly apprechiated!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: downgrade to 6.4? - 06/27/2005 6:10 PM
Got to ask - why would you downgrade to an older version? You do understand there's more security issues with older versions than newer, eh? That's the expected result for any script on the internet, barring new features being added with security holes.
Posted By: flint Re: downgrade to 6.4? - 06/27/2005 6:48 PM
Because only the 6.4 structure is supported by the vbulletin importer.

Reason:
I just learned that Infopop knew about serious security issues for months, the oldest reference I could find was April, and not even now, that beta2 is out, *any* email alert whatsoever.
Couldn´t be the beta status, because I´m feeling like a public beta tester for some time now.
Couldn´t be the raised system requirements - php 4.1 - that build is 3-4 years old. It´s not like php 5.0 is required.

I have been very patient regarding development, I understand that staff is short in numbers and even that´s ok with me, but this is grossly negligent.

In the end, to end the ranting, I´m very interested in the new VB 3.5, which introduces "hooks", so you can write hacks without modifying the source.
Posted By: Anno Re: downgrade to 6.4? - 06/27/2005 6:55 PM
Did you try the importer on 6.5?
Posted By: flint Re: downgrade to 6.4? - 06/27/2005 7:01 PM
nope but I have read IMPEX needs updating, especially regarding the new way polls are handled.
Posted By: Astaran Re: downgrade to 6.4? - 06/28/2005 12:23 PM
It would be a lot easier to update IMPEX than to downgrade your ubbthreads installation.
Although, there haven't been much radical changes in the database between 6.4.4 and 6.5.
The Categories table changed and all sticky posts have been moved to the Accouncements table.

All other changes just added some new tables, table fields or indexes. So using a 6.4. importer should work, if you just downgrade the categories table and copy the annoucements back into the posts table.
Posted By: flint update - 06/29/2005 1:28 PM
I contacted the import guru, and it seems IMPEX was able to import 6.5 for some time now, he just forgot to update the status:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=674212&postcount=12
© UBB.Developers