UBB.Dev
Posted By: Yakko Warner Security bug fixes? - 07/09/2005 4:56 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament, though I didn't find any others when I did a quick search through recent posts.

As you may know, some rather major security holes were found in 6.5.1.1 that could seriously compromise user data. I really don't want to keep running my board with these exploits out there.

But the only fix being promoted by the security sites is to upgrade to 6.5.2b, something I'm not ready to do yet because a) it isn't quite stable enough, and b) with all the hacks and mods I've installed, it will take me ages to do the upgrade, and I don't really want to have to do it multiple times in a row just to get to a stable release.

Has anyone looked into plugging the 6.5.1.1 holes individually? I'd love to do that so I can hold off on upgrading until 6.5.2 is ready for prime time.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Security bug fixes? - 07/09/2005 8:01 AM
I believe Astaran did a great job with his validation mod, it's available in the mods forum
Posted By: Yakko Warner Re: Security bug fixes? - 07/09/2005 1:39 PM
Fantastic! Thanks.

Obviously I'm blind... but thanks.
Posted By: Luka2 Re: Security bug fixes? - 08/13/2006 5:02 AM

Allen,

Should I assume this and all the other security issues addressed on this board have become non-issues in UBBThreads 6.5.5 ?

© UBB.Developers