UBB.Dev
Posted By: RoxSeibert subscribe to topic pruning - 08/02/2006 3:45 PM
in Ubb.c 6.7.2 - how n heck can I see the the list of topics a user has subscribed to and turn off those subscriptions?

I have a previously active member that seems to have subscribed to everything they ever posted on, and is now committed to a hospital for awhile. the spouse sent in a request asking to stop all the spam the site sends from all the subscriptions but dang if i find a way to do that.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: subscribe to topic pruning - 08/02/2006 4:12 PM
She could add your site to a rule that deletes all email from your site. Once he's out of the hospital he can delete the rule...
Posted By: RoxSeibert Re: subscribe to topic pruning - 08/02/2006 4:50 PM
yeah but most of my community members are extremely challenged by computers. i have a hard enough time explaining the difference between using email vs. using a website cuz to them its all the same frown

but i got heavyduty search n replace Win32 development tools, and ubb text file munging utility code. I've gotten quite fluent with sucking in .cgi data files from my ubb and converting to sql server database records then used by the my custom rss generation engine. so if someone can point me to where in the heck the "subscribe to topic" data is stored, i can munge it out from the backend fairly quick & painless.

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: subscribe to topic pruning - 08/02/2006 5:25 PM
subscriptions are under /Members/user_subscriptions - just open his member number, make a backup and delete the info inside smile
Posted By: RoxSeibert Re: subscribe to topic pruning - 08/02/2006 8:13 PM
oh thk goodness - it's all in one place!! when i didnt see it on the member profile i feared i had to go thru topics... my bust, i didnt even see the dang user_subscription subdir cuz i scrolled right past it. thanks much allen!!
© UBB.Developers