UBB.Dev
Posted By: ADWOFF *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/14/2006 4:28 AM
I posted this over at UBBCentral, but figured I'd cover all bases since people bounce back and forth!

I'm going to begin the conversion process from my Classic board to Threads tonight.

I'm going to keep it simple.

Just a straight conversion.

Probably will play with the "looks" after it's been converted, but I'm not going to do any mods for the time being.

I'm mostly nervous about the initial set-up.

I want to make sure that the Threads board I set-up tonight stays separate from the Test Threads board I've already created.

Those who know me--know that I'm not as versed with the inner workings of these boards as so many of you are ... so if anyone has advice, words of wisdom, et al, don't be afraid to jump in!

Thanks.

~Sue
adwoff.com
Posted By: Gizmo Re: *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/14/2006 9:01 AM
lol i already posted on your ubbcentral susie smile

So long as you use a seperate database (or at least table prefix) from your test board, you don't have to worry about them "meshing" together.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/15/2006 6:29 AM
Ask away if you have questions smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/15/2006 10:46 AM
Ofcoarse she will, its out susie, and we lovens our susie...
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/15/2006 11:28 AM
Ah, my heroes, Allen and Gizzy!

Speaking of which ... Gizmo, I see you're online here ... um, having a tad bit of a problem with the conversion.

It stops w/the importing of the "events" ... I'll refresh the page, and it'll sometimes add a few more ... but I can't keep doing THAT all night! LOL

Any suggestions to bump things along?

----

It converted the members (WOO-HOO!); no forums as of yet (*GULP*)

~Sue
adwoff.com

ETA: it's almost 5 A.M. EST ... gonna take a short nap tipsy
Posted By: Gizmo Re: *GULP* Making the Plunge - 12/15/2006 2:22 PM
Sorry hon, checked the sites then dove into my UBB.Sitemap plugin, so I was away most of the night (tryin to get what i could done before power goes out again).

I posted at the UBBCentral forums on your issues a minute ago though wink
© UBB.Developers