UBB.Dev
Posted By: drkknght prevent specific users from using img tags? - 06/16/2008 6:29 AM
i allow my users to post using images from outside sites, but often times found that the privilege is abused. can i prohibit specific users from the ability to use the "image" tag in their posts, at all?

not all users, just specific ones. or maybe even an entire group that i could set up, and assign these users to?
Well... usergroup permissions determine if someone can use html or ubb code or both, probably wouldn't be too hard to not let them use either. The img tag specifically might be a little harder.
even me, back in lowly 7.2? iirc, i can only select what forums group users can post in / read, not what they can do in their posts... i think...
well, Rick did a real nice job on the matrix in 7.3. adding another permission is not too hard for a ubb developer..

i guess i might gin up a mini tutorial on how to do that and then how to check that permission for a go / nogo..

will probably be later on this week.. i have a coupla integration packages to finish off.

as for 7.2 -- it would not be too bad to add, but would be more code-ey and special.. prolly group based, would be the way i'd attack it.. i won't post the how to on that one..
Posted By: Gizmo Re: prevent specific users from using img tags? - 06/19/2008 8:33 AM
Originally Posted by sirdude
as for 7.2 -- it would not be too bad to add, but would be more code-ey and special.. prolly group based, would be the way i'd attack it.. i won't post the how to on that one..
Kind if redundant to publish something "involved" for older versions at this point, so i agree with you on not drudging through on it
hm. now i am thinking maybe i should just upgrade to 7.3(.1)

but its been awhile since i edited any of my 7.2 files, so i don't exactly remember how much i changed. just trying to figure out how much of a pain in the butt and upgrade'll be smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: prevent specific users from using img tags? - 06/24/2008 2:23 AM
You could use Beyond Compare to compare your current files to those the stock files; it'd let you know what you've changed.
© UBB.Developers