UBB.Dev
Posted By: tpro Possible _topics.TOPIC_STATUS codes? - 06/04/2009 4:29 PM
'O' and 'C' are obvious, but it seems that when threads get moved, reopened, etc. that there are other codes. A review of the table shows 'M' and some that are blank.

Does anyone perhaps have a list of all the possible codes and their "meanings"? What does an empty status get treated as? Is an 'M' treated as an Open/Unlocked topic?

I'm sure I can go digging through all the code, but was thinking someone here might know this off the top of their heads. We do some read-only reporting on our forums as we use them for support, and these "other" status situations need to be handled.

Thanks much!
Posted By: tpro Re: Possible _topics.TOPIC_STATUS codes? - 06/04/2009 5:25 PM
Actually, I think I figured out what I needed to know, but discovered a possible "opportunity" in the software.

It appears that there are the obvious ones of 'O'pen, 'C'losed, and 'M'oved. But, I also discovered that in a case where a closed topic is re-opened, the TOPIC_STATUS is cleared leaving a non-existent status. Don't know if this is on purpose, or a bug.

But, in my reporting, as opposed to doing an IN with O, M, etc., I just now ask for records with a topic status of other than C and it seems to be working the way we like.
© UBB.Developers