UBB.Dev
Posted By: olyclimber More granular post moderation request - 11/08/2006 11:26 PM
Hi, we're getting ready to move our board over from threads classic (6.5.1) to UBB7, and the moderators on our board have made an interesting request.

They would like to see an option for "Move this post and any replies" instead be a function that just moves the post (and not any of the replies to that post). Often we get one user spraying something we would like to remove, and people reply to the spray post with content we would like to keep. This make moderation difficult.

Does anyone out there have a solution for this outside of just deleting the offending post? We would like to just be able to move the post (not delete) and keep the replies.

Thanks!

Posted By: olyclimber Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/08/2006 11:49 PM
I see this has already be asked before:

https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/311532/page/1#Post311532
Posted By: Gizmo Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/09/2006 1:24 AM
.T7 has an option to move the post and you have an option to move any replies to the post
Posted By: olyclimber Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/09/2006 2:13 AM
Thanks Gizmo, i wouldn't doubt to where the error is somewhere between the keyboard and chair in my case...

If you move a post (and all replys with it) and then go to move the replies, they can only go back into a new topic, correct?

"Choose the forum to which you would like to move this post and its replies. This will turn the post into a new topic."

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that there is no way (out of the box at least) of just moving out one post and reassigning all the replies to it to the post above. We are running a UBB7 test forum to develop to.

Anyway, thanks for any advisement...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/09/2006 1:44 PM
IF you move the one post and choose not to move replies it'll make that post a new topic in a target forum and will reassign all child posts to the previous post (iirc).
Posted By: chillin Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/09/2006 9:45 PM
Gizmo...
I'm with Oly, as I can't see where to move a single post. Looking at the code in movepost too it is obvious it grabs all the replies to the post you are moving, and ships them along.

Unless i'm missing something here, I don't think this is an option.

I made the mod as oly is asking for above, but if the functionality already exists I'd love to see where to find it!

chillin
Posted By: Gizmo Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/10/2006 4:14 AM
mmm, I could have sworn that the split topics functionality allowed you to move only a post (and not its child posts), you may want to ask at ubbcentral as a feature request
Posted By: chillin Re: More granular post moderation request - 11/10/2006 8:35 PM
For anyone else who might like this:

https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/311932/page/1#Post311932
© UBB.Developers