UBB.Dev
Posted By: greenfirefly FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 12/19/2006 1:00 AM
Hello,

There is a mod called FlashChat you can find at www.tufat.com. They have the ability to integrate with UBB.Threads 6.5, but when I try it with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix or get around this problem?

Thanks.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 12/21/2006 10:20 PM
The bridge between the 2 will need to be updated.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 12/22/2006 2:23 AM
I would look to updating/creating one, but I don't have the software; though I have purchased their family tree like 2 years ago lol
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/02/2007 3:59 PM
They did an update that is supposed to work for UBBT 7.1, but it has a bug in it somewhere as it isn't working.

Here is the error message I receive when trying to access the Flashchat Control Panel:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/virtual/site5/fst/var/www/html/forums/chat/inc/cmses/ubb71CMS.php on line 82
Does anybody have any ideas on how to correct this?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/03/2007 1:54 AM
I just upgraded mine to the latest build, i'll poke around a bit later though.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/03/2007 3:03 AM
A note to myself, monitor:
http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?p=134479&posted=1#post134479
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/03/2007 5:16 AM
found the issue, the table "USERS" was being referanced as "users"; a fix:
Find:
Code
        $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users WHERE  USER_LOGIN_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
//$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users");

Replace With:
Code
        $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE  USER_LOGIN_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
//$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
Posted By: owen93 Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 3:52 AM
I've looked everywhere on the tufat site and
do not find the base UBBT integration instructions?

I found the so-called 7.02 update but only basic instructions for the old 6.5.X

there is no ubbt_registerednav template

what do I do in 7.1 ?

make a custom portal Island of it ?

Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 5:36 AM
The importer comes with the latest version of the script available on the TUFAT site; the integration file is listed in the integration list as "UBB.Threads 7.1 CMS".
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 5:44 AM
FYI, the integration file with my updates seems to be listed here and is for FlashChat 4.7.9

BTW, my demo is at:
UBB7: http://home.corthell.net:81/forums/ubb7/ubbthreads.php
FlashChat: http://home.corthell.net:81/forums/ubb7/chat/
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 7:46 PM
Thank you!

I will do a fix and see what happens on mine.
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 7:47 PM
Another question:

Was there also an error in w3t_myid being used instead of ubbt_myid?
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 8:09 PM
I answered my own question, and then found another question.

I got it working, but I need to log in myself, which is the reason for asking the following question:

Does your's log you in automatically, or do you need to log yourself in?
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 8:40 PM
If you are able to log into Flashchat automatically when logged into the forum, I may not be able to do that on account that I am using a cookie prefix.

If that is the case, do you know what I need to change in the Flashchat Config. to add the cookie prefix?
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 9:28 PM
I am wondering if the following also needs to be changed in order for the automatic login to work?

Code

// $this->ubbt_setcookie("{$GLOBALS['config']['cookieprefix']}w3t_myid",$rec['U_Number'],time()+$GLOBALS['config']['cookieexp']);
Should the w3t be changed to ubbt?

Should something be added onto 'cookieprefix' seeing that I am using a cookie prefix word?
Posted By: owen93 Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/06/2007 11:25 PM
Thanks.
yes i found those and I chose the "UBB.Threads 7.1 CMS" when I installed.

Flashchat does indeed allow me to login with my UBB registered account.

what I want to do at this point is get a link on the navigation bar.

the flashchat site has an old method for 6.5.X which calls for modifying the ubbt_registerednav templatein 6.5.X

But honestly I'm a UNIX Admin and not really a coder - so I'm being a tad braindead about where and how to tweek the navigation bar in 7.1 and add a hotlink to the FlashChat app.

Posted By: blaaskaak Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/07/2007 1:09 AM
Installs fine and works fine, just have to hack it, because it displays the loginname instead of the displayname.
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/07/2007 1:33 AM
Yes, but do you also need to log in to Flashchat separately, or does it bypass a separate manual log in and logs you in automatically?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/07/2007 3:10 AM
It installs fine, however i have to login manually.

As for the commented out code, those are commented out lines from the 6.5 integration; do NOT uncomment them, they will not work, and it can make things not work at all.

As for auto logins, that'd use a cookie, you'll have to ask them at their site about using the ubb cookies to auto login.

I recommend making any requests on the ubb7 discussion on their site, such as having to use the display name vs login name, and any bugs you find.
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/07/2007 3:45 AM
Flashchat integrated with UBBT prior to version 7 did an automatic login as long as you were already logged into UBBT, which is why I was wondering why the automatic login wasn't working with UBB7.x
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/07/2007 4:45 AM
Originally Posted by Daryl Fawcett
Flashchat integrated with UBBT prior to version 7 did an automatic login as long as you were already logged into UBBT, which is why I was wondering why the automatic login wasn't working with UBB7.x
Not everything was ported up; you should ask there or email the author and ask...
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/08/2007 4:33 AM
I discovered that the auto login only works if the default cookies are used without a cookies prefix.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/08/2007 6:49 AM
Try replacing:
Code
		$this->userid = isset($_COOKIE["ubbt_myid"]) ? $_COOKIE["ubbt_myid"] : NULL;

With:
Code
		$this->userid = isset($_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"]) ? $_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"] : NULL;
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/08/2007 9:12 PM
After I had changed my cookie prefix back to the default, the auto login began to work without any problem, therefore, I will not make this change, however, it is good to have it here for future use, or for others having the same problem.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/08/2007 9:43 PM
Was hoping someone would test it out vs me on my dev machine; as I don't use the script in a production environment I cannot test the functionality of the addition properly.
Posted By: owen93 Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/09/2007 1:07 AM
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Was hoping someone would test it out vs me on my dev machine; as I don't use the script in a production environment I cannot test the functionality of the addition properly.

well I'm still in dev myself but I added it in and it worked fine for me.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/09/2007 1:47 AM
Originally Posted by owen93
well I'm still in dev myself but I added it in and it worked fine for me.
Well, thats good enough for me; I'll post it at the flashchat thread to be updated in the integration
Posted By: Daryl Fawcett Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/09/2007 4:44 AM
I actually already posted it there.

They actually tested it and they said it works.

http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?p=135717#post135717
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/18/2007 9:46 PM

I posted a problem I'm having on their forum - hopefully one of you guys could lend a hand since I cannot log in to FlashChat! smirk
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/21/2007 7:29 PM

Okay, well, let me ask you guys this, if you have FlashChat integrated successfully into Threads 7.* -- the Mod there hasn't been very helpful. smirk

For some reason, for me, the "built-in login" is working, but not the manual "HTML-based login" -- it says "incorrect user name or password". Has anyone here been able to log-in when it asks you for a username/password?

Also, before I use FlashChat, I really need it to display Display Names and not Usernames. Anyone figure that out yet? I can't seem to find it...

Thanks!

JG

Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/22/2007 12:15 AM
geoff, i have it working for html based login, no problems...

As for PDN, let me have a look at the files and I'll get back to you.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/22/2007 1:01 AM
It doesn't look like the integration file even touches the pdn, it just basically works with the login name and password...

If I get some more time I'll do some digging in the normal files to see if i can find a place to hijack what name is shown; but no promises, the ammount of files is vastly huge...
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/22/2007 1:12 AM
geoff, i have it working for html based login, no problems...
I wish I knew what my problem was. Are you using the 7.1 version? I'll have to play with it more I suppose...

As for PDN, let me have a look at the files and I'll get back to you.
Sorry, what's PDN? blush
The Threads 7.1 CMS file seems to call up USER_DISPLAY_NAME - but after looking at dozens of files, I cannot find where/how to use it... smirk

Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/22/2007 1:15 AM
Yes I'm using the 7.1 version; you can fiddle at:
http://home.corthell.net:81/forums/ubb7/chat/

PDN == Public Displayed Name; I do realize that it selects the PDN but it never referances, if you look at the calls, it only uses the login name and password (i think its the third mysql call).

I've "cleaned up" my configuration file so line numbers wouldn't match up, else I'd tell you what lines to look at lol...

I did see that some of the scripts referance "name" so I set name as a variable but it doesn't get used; I'm sure it's only used for their "normal"/"non-integration" login system...
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/22/2007 8:08 PM

Yeah, yours works... mine doesn't... guess I'll try reinstalling it... :rolleyes:

Why Darren chose to display user names rather than display names is till beyond me... makes it virtually worthless... smirk
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/23/2007 12:33 AM
well it's quite simple; most products don't have public names and only have login names... however i think it would have been cool to have the option; perhaps email him with a feature request?
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/23/2007 2:05 AM

Guess an email to him directly would be better than trying to get passed his bulldog moderator! LOL laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 03/23/2007 5:45 AM
wink... no comments from me, as they wouldn't be professional in nature :nods:
Posted By: Calpy Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 05/13/2007 4:28 AM
Did anyone ever figure out the display name vs login name fix? I've read here and at the Tufat forums, no luck yet.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 05/13/2007 6:13 AM
From my point of view, without knowing what their script looks for as a variable it'd be near impossible to pull it with the integration file.

From their point of view, we're a "small fish" and they could care less.
Posted By: Calpy Re: FlashChat w UBBT7.1 fixed login name issue - 05/13/2007 10:33 AM
Ok, this is so simple there must be something wrong with it, but in ubb71CMS.php I changed the guts of function UBBCMS () to the following, basically subbing USER_DISPLAY_NAME for USER_LOGIN_NAME:
PHP Code
	 $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE  USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
//$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
Then I expired my site cookies and it shows my username rather than my login name. Violá!
I'll have to warn all my users to expire their cookies, otherwise it they will not be autologged in the first time. To log in manually using this code, you have to log in with your display name and password, rather than login name and password. As long as autologin is working, this process will be transparent and your users won't know it's even happening.
All my users will hit it in the morning, and we'll see what happens. I'll report back if any probs.
Posted By: Calpy Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 05/14/2007 11:41 PM
Ok, this is so simple there must be something wrong with it, but in ubb71CMS.php I changed the guts of function UBBCMS () to the following, basically subbing USER_DISPLAY_NAME for USER_LOGIN_NAME:
PHP Code
	 $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE  USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
Then I expired my site cookies and it shows my username rather than my login name. Violá!
I'll have to warn all my users to expire their cookies, otherwise it they will not be autologged in the first time. To log in manually using this code, you have to log in with your display name and password, rather than login name and password. As long as autologin is working, this process will be transparent and your users won't know it's even happening.
All my users will hit it in the morning, and we'll see what happens. I'll report back if any probs.
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/12/2007 10:00 PM

I'll have to give this a shot - thanks!
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/13/2007 9:48 PM

I still can't log in unless I use the "automatic login", and the change above didn't work either for me... something's wrong and I can't figure it out frown
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/13/2007 11:44 PM

Okay, everything's working now!! smile

Some issues:

1) For some reason we can only see our OWN profiles, with the FlashChat link to "Profile" that's supposed to point back to our UBB profiles. For everyone other than ourselves, it takes us to the main UBB page.

2) How to get UBB Mods to display as Mods rather than Admins in FlashChat?

Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 1:34 AM
I still stand behind the statement that it's not possible with their current integration file.
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 9:47 AM
I still stand behind the statement that it's not possible with their current integration file.

To (almost) quote The Godfather Part II...

If anything in this life is certain -- if history has taught us anything -- it's that anything's possible...

Okay, well, Michael Corleone ended with it's possible to kill anyone, but that's a bit extreme for what we're dealing with at the moment. lol

In any event, I did a live beta test w/ a handful of members tonight, and have my short list of fixes/quirks that need to be fixed... I'll compile them later -- here, but mostly on their forum, of course...

But at least it works for the most part cool

Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 10:29 AM
Well, if they'd let the cat out of the bag at what items referance other items and are called from the integration file, sure, it'd be possible...

Have you TRIED asking at their site? Your thread will either be ignored, locked, or deleted...

have you TRIED emailing their author? He'll either ignore you or offend you (in my case, demanding a free copy of .T7 which would violate my license agreement for his $5 script lol...
Posted By: sirdude Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 10:37 AM
one would think that just finding another chat system would be better, if that's the treatment you get from the author...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 11:57 AM
Well, one thing that happens with these driveby authors who create cheap scripts, if you have input or requests and don't want to spent $$$ getting them to update in a direction of your liking, it's likely you'll get turned down; their script isn't what you're wanting to integrate with, so it's more of a courtesy smirk...

I still push for the irc way of things lol
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.0.2 - 07/14/2007 8:21 PM

I posted a new topic over there, here, and will see if anyone has any feedback. In the mean time, I'll look into some of these issues and see if I can figure some of them out...
Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.1 - 02/20/2008 12:12 AM

If anyone wants to try it, here's my ubb71CMS integration script for FlashChat 4.7. I can't attach the file apparently, so here it is -- rename it ubb71CMS.php and save it to \FLASHCHAT_DIR\inc\cmses

I have not tried this with a later version of UBB.t than 7.1. I will test with 7.3 once it's released...

PHP Code

<?php

if ( !defined( 'INC_DIR' ) ) {
die(
'hacking attempt' );
}

/************************************************************************/
//!!! IMPORTANT NOTE
//!!! FlashChat 4.4.0 and higher support a new user role: ROLE_MODERATOR
//!!! Please edit the getUser and getRoles function if you need use of
//!!! the new moderator role. This change has not yet been applied.
/************************************************************************/

// integration class for UBB.Threads (www.ubbcentral.com/ubbthreads/)

$ubb_root_path = realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../../../') . '/';

require_once(
$ubb_root_path . 'includes/config.inc.php');

class
UBBCMS {
var
$loginStmt;
var
$updateSessionStmt;
var
$getUserStmt;
var
$getUsersStmt;
var
$userid;
function
UBBCMS() {

$this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");

// $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_LOGIN_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
// $this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
// $this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
// $this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");

$this->userid = isset($_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"]) ? $_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"] : NULL;
}

function
isLoggedIn() {
return
$this->userid;
}

// DOESN'T WORK:
//
// function getRoles($status) {
// $rv = NULL;
//
// if ($status == "Administrator")
// $rv = ROLE_ADMIN;
// elseif ($status == "Moderator")
// $rv = ROLE_MODERATOR;
// elseif ($status == "User")
// $rv = ROLE_USER;
// else
// $rv = ROLE_SPY;
//
// return $rv;
// }

// SO ADMINS AND MODS WILL GET ADMIN STATUS IN FLASHCHAT:

function getRoles($status) {
$rv = NULL;

if (
$status == "Administrator" || $status == "Moderator")
$rv = ROLE_ADMIN;
elseif (
$status == "User")
$rv = ROLE_USER;
else
$rv = ROLE_SPY;

return
$rv;
}

function
getUserProfile($userid) {
if (
$userid == SPY_USERID) $rv = NULL;

elseif (
$user = $this->getUser($userid))
{
//toLog("this",$this->isLoggedIn());
$id = $this->isLoggedIn();

if(
$id && ($id == $userid) )
{
toLog("true",true);
$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User={$userid}";
}
else
{
toLog("false",false);
$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=login";
}

}
toLog("rv_prof",$rv);
return
$rv;
}

function
getUser($userid) {

$rs = $this->getUserStmt->process($userid);
$rv = $rs->next();

if(
$rv) {
$rv["roles"] = $this->getRoles($rv["status"]);
}
return
$rv;
}

// taken from ubbt.inc.php

function login($login, $password) {

$goodPassword = false;

$rs = $this->loginStmt->process(addslashes($login));
$rec = $rs->next();

if (
$rec) {
// check if user is banned
if ($rec["USER_IS_BANNED"]) return NULL;

// allow login only with permanent password. Ignore the temporary password
if (md5($password) != $rec["USER_PASSWORD"]) return NULL;

// $this->ubbt_setcookie("{$GLOBALS['config']['cookieprefix']}w3t_myid",$rec['U_Number'],time()+$GLOBALS['config']['cookieexp']);

// $this->updateSessionStmt->process(time() + $GLOBALS["config"]["adjustime"] * 3600, md5(rand(0,32767)), addslashes($login));

return $rec['USER_ID'];

}

}

function
userInRole($userid, $role) {
if(
$user = $this->getUser($userid)) {
return (
$user['roles'] == $role);
}
return
false;
}

function
logout() {

}

function
getUsers() {
return
$this->getUsersStmt->process();
}

function
getGender($userid) {
// 'M' for Male, 'F' for Female, NULL for undefined
return NULL;
}
}

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db'] = array(
'host' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_SERVER"],
'user' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_USER"],
'pass' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_PASSWORD"],
'base' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_NAME"],
'pref' => $GLOBALS["config"]["TABLE_PREFIX"] . 'fc_',
);

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['cms'] = new UBBCMS();

foreach(
$GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'] as $k => $v) {
$GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'][$k]['dialog']['login']['moderator'] = '';
}

?>

Posted By: jgeoff Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.1 - 02/20/2008 1:14 AM

Has anyone figured out how to add a "Who's Chatting" custom island into Threads?

Edit: Never mind, I found this download (just a php file) in the Tufat resources: New "Who's Chatting" file for CMS systems cool

Edit Again: Haven't gotten it working in a custom island yet, but it works as a stand-alone page. Getting errors when put in a custom island. Here's the code...

PHP Code

/* PHP CODE HERE, IF NECESSARY */

header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

/**
If this file is not in the FlashChat root folder, then change this
path to the location of the inc/common.php file.
*/
include_once('inc/common.php');

ChatServer::purgeExpired(); // ERROR HERE: Undefined class name 'chatserver'

/**
Retrieves the number of users who are chatting in any room.
Leave the $room parameter empty to return the number of users in all room.
*/
function numusers( $room = "" )
{
if(
$room) {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT COUNT(*) AS numb FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND roomid=?");
$rs = $stmt->process($room);
} else {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT COUNT(*) AS numb FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections,{$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms
WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND ispublic IS NOT NULL
AND
{$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections.roomid = {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms.id");
$rs = $stmt->process();
}

$rec = $rs->next();

return
$rec?$rec['numb']:0;
}

/**
Retrieves a list of the users (by login ID) who are in $room.
Leave the $room parameter empty to return a list of all users in all rooms.
*/
function usersinroom( $room = "" )
{
$cms = $GLOBALS['fc_config']['cms'];
$list = array();

if(
$room) {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT userid, state, color, lang, roomid FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND roomid=?");
$rs = $stmt->process($room);
} else {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT userid, state, color, lang, roomid FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL");
$rs = $stmt->process();
}

while(
$rec = $rs->next()) $list[] = array_merge($cms->getUser($rec['userid']), $rec);

return
$list;
}

/**
Retrieves a list of all available rooms, as an array.
*/
function roomlist()
{
$list = array();

// populate $list with the names of all available rooms
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT * FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms WHERE ispublic IS NOT NULL order by ispermanent");
$rs = $stmt->process(); // ERROR: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: statement

while($rec = $rs->next()) $list[] = $rec;

//result will be an array of arrays like ('id' => <room id>, 'updated' = <timestamp>, 'created' => <timestamp>, 'name' => <room name>, 'ispublic' => <public flag>, 'ispermanent' => <autoclose flag>)
return $list;
}

$rooms = roomlist();
$roomnumb = sizeof($rooms);
$usernumb = numusers();

/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF

<BR>&#62;<a href="/threads/chat/flashchat.php" target="_blank">Chatroom</a> (<?=
$usernumb ?> user<? if ($usernumb != 1) echo "s" ?> in <?=$roomnumb ?> room<? if ($roomnumb != 1) echo "s"; ?>)
<ul id="roomList">
<?php if(
$roomnumb) { ?>
<?php foreach(
$rooms as $room) { ?>
<li><strong><a href="#" onclick="javascript:toggleUserList('room_<?=
$room[id]?>')"><?=$room[name]?> (<?= numusers($room[id]) ?>)</a></strong>
<?php
$users = usersinroom($room[id]);
if (
$users) {
echo "<ul class="userList" id="room_".
$room[id]."">";
foreach(
$users as $user ) {
echo "<li>".
$user[login] . "</li>";
}
echo "</ul>";
}

?> </li>
<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>
</ul>

EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */

Posted By: curiousguy Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.1 - 02/22/2008 3:58 PM
I am working on integrating several chats.

Question:
will the user authorization stay the same from version 7.2 to 7.3? data like username, password, moderator and admin status, will they be the same and unchanged in the database?
Posted By: DarylCA Re: FlashChat with UBB.Threads 7.1 - 02/22/2008 4:16 PM
The following for Who's Chatting is working for me in my Custom Island:

You may need to customize the SRC for your particular site.
Posted By: curiousguy Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 02/22/2008 4:45 PM
Explanation:

I integrated PJIRC, works fine, but probably will not be a hit with my chat guests

Want to integrate FlashChat, will the stuff here work with 7.2 and 7.3 (still in beta4) of ubb?

Working to integrate phpopenchat.

If I integrate it for 7.2, will it work for the other version? 7.3.4

or vice versa. I.e. is it upward or downward compatible?

By integrating I mean mainly that usercheck and userpasswordcheck for the chat will be done using the ubb database.

Ideally, moderator and adminstrator status could translate also from ubb to the chat
Posted By: jgeoff Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 02/22/2008 9:41 PM
Originally Posted by DarylCA
The following for Who's Chatting is working for me in my Custom Island:

THANK YOU!!!!! cool

Originally Posted by curiousguy
If I integrate it for 7.2, will it work for the other version? 7.3.4
I'm still using 7.1 so I have no idea -- I'm waiting for 7.3 (final) to come out to test it... I sure hope so!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 02/23/2008 1:43 AM
Please, for the love of god, start a feature request thread for phpopenchat vs spamming your want for it in other chat integration threads.
Posted By: Dslam Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 02/24/2008 2:56 AM
well I tried this with 7.2.2 & don't work
Code
Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /home/boneyard/public_html/forum3/chat/inc/cmses/ubb71CMS.php on line 82 

on line 82
Code
$rv = $rs->next(); 

has anyone worked on this for 7.2.2
I know everyone is waiting for 7.3
Posted By: Dslam Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 02/24/2008 3:21 AM
hold on works now
I reinstalled it

edit: works just fine with 7.2.2
no problems with install other then I reinstalled but I thing it was my fault as I skipped a step
Posted By: jgeoff Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 05/12/2008 11:39 PM

FlashChat seems to still be working fine in Threads 7.3 cool
Posted By: SteveS Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 07/07/2008 5:37 PM
I have been using Flash Chat successfully for quite a while, with one exception. I have a troll who keeps registering and re-registering, often multiple times in one day. I usually manage to spot him and boot him through the approval process, keeping him off the board.

Unfortunately, Flash Chat sees him as a member as soon as he registers, even though he is not approved, so he goes straight into chat.

Does anyone know a way around that?

I started a thread "over there," but I'm not sure of what to tell them...

http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=49698
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Chat integration will work with upgrades? - 07/08/2008 7:30 AM
It'd be a security issue within flashchat; it's not checking to see if a user has been approved or not...
© UBB.Developers