UBB.Dev
Posted By: Rose Alt Body Preview - 04/30/2007 2:41 AM
Does anyone know if this mod works for 7.1?

I'm a little bit nervous about trying it to see, so thought I'd ask first. smile

If not, this would be a great mod request. smile

Rose
Posted By: Rose Re: Alt Body Preview - 04/30/2007 2:47 AM
Ok, I had a closer look at it, and it wouldn't work for 7.1.

Still be a great mod though. smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Alt Body Preview - 04/30/2007 4:54 AM
FYI, there is absolutely no way that mods created prior to 7.0 will work with 7.x; there was a complete recode from the ground up to make things *sane* wink
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Alt Body Preview - 04/30/2007 8:46 PM
I did write one for 7.1 Beta a while ago, but never released it

[Linked Image]

I'll need to rewrite it since the changes are lost, but I have a good idea on how I did it
Posted By: Rose Re: Alt Body Preview - 05/01/2007 2:34 PM
Ian, that would be great. I'll watch for it.

Thanks! smile
Posted By: sirdude Re: Alt Body Preview - 05/02/2007 2:17 AM
I've done it in a different way over Here (testing grounds) using Boxover

It essentially required:

• Grab free .js from site and put in ubb_js
  • Include the .js in forum insert (either body or footer)
  • Style up .tthdr (header) and .ttbdy (body) -- or choose your own
  • Edit postlist.inc.php (a: add one more left join for post_body, uber-parse the markup as it's truncated) and postlist.tpl (add 6 {else} for test if new posts, then insert pop-ups)
  • Repeat {Test; PhpPukes; i++} until i==20ish; laugh
  • Poof.. done!

I can grab the mods together and zip them up with proper described procedure and post at a later date (will take coupla days to get free time)

Note 1: The pop-up delay is set in Milliseconds to 750 (.75sec) and i don't fade the tooltip in. But these are all configurable.

Note 2: All markup is preserved, with closing tags auto-inserted, when truncated by the Character preview limit.

Note 3: The reason i did this mod, was because using the css/div mechanism (as in active topics) is unweildy and a pain in the ass because of fixed-relative positioning. i wanted the delay to show to be possible (hence .js) and the tooltip to move with the mouse. I replaced the standard 7.1.1 active topic rollovers with this.

Note 4: This is for 7.1.1, btw

Note 5: I'm using the Css3 opacity for the tooltip. Works in IE6,7 and FF 2.x (no clue about safari or opera ... and don't care laugh )

All in all, it was a fun mod to do.

[Linked Image]
Example
© UBB.Developers