UBB.Dev
Posted By: drkknght article mod - 06/21/2007 6:40 AM
would loooooove to get this working on version 7 boards

the basic premise of the mod was to allow you to set up an entirely different template for specific forums.

for example, on my 6.5 boards, i created a blog-like look for one particular forum. i had a totally separate look in there, which really made it feel like a different world, but could still take advantage of all the same boards abilities.

very useful mod!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: article mod - 06/21/2007 12:32 PM
i myself have been hoping for extension on the templating system... PostNuke for example uses smarty and allows you to create full templates for your site (vs just a stylesheet); it's the only feature I ever really liked about it wink
Posted By: Rick Re: article mod - 06/21/2007 5:53 PM
We'll be getting there. With all of the changes that we've done with the showflat/showthread and gallery scripts, they all go through one script now, making article forums will be coming.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: article mod - 06/21/2007 7:28 PM
In conjunction with this - it would be nice to have an improved 'custom pages' - the existing method is great, but we need better control over headers, footers & sidebars.
Posted By: Rick Re: article mod - 06/21/2007 8:08 PM
What are you think Ian? The ability to turn them on/off, or something more?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: article mod - 06/21/2007 11:25 PM
Well currently I have 200+ custom pages - these work well except for the following issues...

1) Both the script and template/default have a lot of extra files within them - it would be nice to be able to specify a separate folder to keep these separate from regular template and scripts

2) It would be nice to be able to specify a unique header/footer for any given custom page

3) It would be nice to be able to specify no sidebars for any given custom or indeed other page

Currently the only place I can use a custom header is in forums - it is not possible even to use them in categories frown frown , but to be able to have a greater control over custom pages would be good.

Maybe even a system to avoid having to create 3 files per page (I will be growing these custom pages to around 600 this year, so those directories will get rather large LOL )

I think the ability to increase sites beyond the forums would be great for many sites, whilst keeping the overall feel of the site.

I am trying to cater for people who do not like forums and will never visit a forum - which is great if they can come to the site for something else. I am not worried if they never visit the forum LOL

© UBB.Developers