UBB.Dev
Posted By: AshtarRose Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/03/2007 11:16 PM
Has anyone worked this out yet for UBB?

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PHPBB/Users_Integration
Doesn't look like it should be too difficult. I imagine Ian's ubb auth file has half the work done already smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/04/2007 6:31 AM
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
Doesn't look like it should be too difficult. I imagine Ian's ubb auth file has half the work done already smile
That's what i told her over AIM, but she posted here anyway :x...
That's not a bad thing, I'm interested in it now smile
And I'm not a coder, silver platters are my friend.

that's gotta be my favorite thing I got here at ubbdev smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/06/2007 8:18 AM
You know, I've still yet to really play with it :shrug: I really need to though since I have several scripts that I want to institute which are lacing a member system (such as a video distribution suite, file manager, knowledge base (faq), etc etc etc.
Originally Posted by Gizmo
You know, I've still yet to really play with it

Well, go on play then. Actually no real need to play, just install it, and start using it.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/06/2007 11:15 AM
Well, I still have a LOT of coding to do to get my applets to the point where I'll NEED to integrate them wink... Well, the video one is basically done, and the articles one as well... the kbase one i really need to sit down and spend some time on, as with a downloader (as the one i use now just doesn't cut the beans, it allows direct hotlinking with 0 option to disallow it... I think I'l be adding some sort of captcha to my downloading system as a direct link deterrent...
Posted By: Myke Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/12/2007 3:50 PM
Originally Posted by AshtarRose
Has anyone worked this out yet for UBB?

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PHPBB/Users_Integration
Over at ubbcentral.com, I replied in the Joining UBB with collab software thread to mention that I successfully integrate my ubb.t installation with DokuWiki.

MediaWiki was overkill for my needs so I ended up using DokuWiki instead, but perhaps the SQL for user authentication will help?
Posted By: sirdude Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/12/2007 4:02 PM
Well done wink
Yes, very nice smile Got a link to your example?
I'm not a coder, if it would that would be great but I get a head ache trying to understand how to try to get it to work
Posted By: Myke Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/13/2007 2:31 AM
Yes, very nice smile Got a link to your example?
Sure: VFDCwiki:vf5:home

If you look at the Recent Changes link, the usernames listed are all from my UBB.t database.

A thing to note is that it records/displays the user's Login Name agianst any change, instead of the Display Name. I prefer it this way since Display Names (on my forums) can be changed by the user.
Posted By: sirdude Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/13/2007 4:42 AM
I think it would be great if you posted what you did as a Mod, like the rest of the ones we've done.

This could then be used by the community.

Very helpful of you to do it.. wink
I like that, but if it is turned into a mod could someone help me set it up so I don't screw up my board and mediawiki. (assuming compatibility)
Posted By: sirdude Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/13/2007 5:17 AM
sure. that should not be a problem at all.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 09/13/2007 7:09 AM
So long as there is a base to work on, I'm sure someone (or several people) would volunteer to maintain it (or at least submit updates as needed)
Posted By: Crasher Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 11/06/2007 5:54 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this really has got my attention. Has anything progressed with this???

Ages ago i did try to find a way to integrate a Drupal install with my UBBThreads install but was beaten by many things.
What i'd really like to see is a 'drop in' mod to enable Wiki-type collaboration within UBB, with little or no coding.

I'm sure this is not impossible.

If this thread has aged and gathered dust cos no one has progressed it then apologies for resurecting it...
Posted By: sirdude Re: Integrating User Database with Wikimedia - 11/06/2007 7:13 PM
With Myke's solution, i saw no need for mediawiki.

I researched the wikis and for me it came down to (docu or pm)wiki as the solution.

Docu won for 2 reasons:

1. myke showed a great solution
2. docu has better group perm support anyway

:2c:
© UBB.Developers