UBB.Dev
Posted By: Nightcrawler Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/21/2007 5:48 AM
The lack of a Fsum Status table on my forums is currently the only reason, I haven't upgraded my boards from Classic to Threads.

I can not for the life of me figure this stuff out enough to work. Is there anyone who can help? At least show me how to display the logged in user's avatar on the page (and/or a custom island) and I'll do my best to take it from there?

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/21/2007 9:41 PM
Interesting... I wonder if the announcement box could be snagged for this - you can use php/whatever in there smile
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/22/2007 12:04 AM
What is Fsum Status?
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/22/2007 4:19 AM
Basically it's a custom island (or two) that shows a logged in user's avatar (or a generic image when not logged in or just visiting) next to the last time they logged in, their status and the current time. Plus, Forum Statistics such as number of registered members, newest member, number of topics and number of posts.

As seen here, below "You are not logged in. Login or register & Today's Active Topics" and above "Last Posts, etc."

If I knew PHP, I'd be in business. No such luck.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/22/2007 8:27 AM
The anouncement box is only used in forums, not on the CFRM index (or portal index). I myself would love to see it on the CFRM wink...

I do like the FSum item, and planned to work on one eventually; but i've been pretty busy lately (holidays, yey lol)
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/22/2007 1:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Basically it's a custom island (or two) that shows a logged in user's avatar (or a generic image when not logged in or just visiting) next to the last time they logged in, their status and the current time. Plus, Forum Statistics such as number of registered members, newest member, number of topics and number of posts.

As seen here, below "You are not logged in. Login or register & Today's Active Topics" and above "Last Posts, etc."

If I knew PHP, I'd be in business. No such luck.

Thanks - btw your site gives an error....

Software error:
Can't EXlock '/home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/ubb/cache-EDRVBMT8/lock/global.cgi'. The operating system has run out of file locks to give me. Please ask the administrator to contact the web hosting provider. The exact error returned by the operating system is: No locks available
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/22/2007 11:32 PM
I know. That's why I'm moving servers and converting to Threads as soon as I figure out this Fsum Status dealie.

Right now I have it as the header to the cfrm in my Threads version -

[Linked Image]

I just wish I knew enough to fill in the information.
Posted By: sirdude Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 12/24/2007 6:13 AM
should be an easy modification to add that...
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 02/28/2009 2:39 AM
I still haven't figured this out. Anyone else try?

(I was able to move to a new host that allowed Classic to run smoothly again and gave up on upgrading, but I do want Threads 7.5 and still don't know how to get this to work.)
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Fsum Status for Threads? - 01/09/2013 1:44 PM
Originally Posted by sirdude
should be an easy modification to add that...

Mind showing the way, SD? I've been studying editbasic.inc.php desperately trying to decipher how to display the logged in user's avatar in a custom island to no avail.
© UBB.Developers