UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres ubb.dev Post_Island - 07/31/2006 6:30 PM
Name: ubb.dev Post_Island

Author: Ian Spence, Allen Ayres

Version: 7.0a

Info: If you want a little more info in your post_island.tpl, then you might like how we do them here. Ian wrote most of the code, I just changed it a bit to link to the last post. Download the file, rename it to post_island.tpl, upload and there you go smile

Attached File
2246-post_island.tpl.txt  (225 downloads)
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 08/01/2006 6:34 PM
Code
<?php if(!defined('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM')) exit; ?>
{$tbopen}
<tr>
<td class="{$style_side}tdheader">
{$name}
</td>
</tr>

{section name=item loop=$items}
<tr>
{if $smarty.section.item.iteration % 2 == 1}
<td class="{$style_side}alt-1" align="left">
{else}
<td class="{$style_side}alt-2" align="left">
{/if}
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=showflat&Number=`$items[item].TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID`&Main=`$items[item].TOPIC_ID`#Post`$items[item].TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID`"}">
{if $items[item].POST_ID != $items[item].TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID}Re: {/if}{$items[item].TOPIC_SUBJECT}</a><br />
by <a href="{ubb url="ubb=showprofile&User=`$items[item].TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_ID`"}">{$items[item].TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_NAME}</a>
<br />{$items[item].TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME}
</td>
</tr>
{/section}

{$tbclose}

That's what I settled on.

Can be seen HERE.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 08/01/2006 7:25 PM
Just some color differences?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 08/01/2006 9:14 PM
Some html, removes the divs since the look out of place, moves time to next line
Posted By: Larry Miller Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 02/05/2007 2:35 AM
will this work with7.1b5?

Larry
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 02/05/2007 3:31 PM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't
Posted By: Gizmo Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 02/05/2007 11:42 PM
I run it on my 7.1b4 test site without issue.
Posted By: Fred Johnson Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/20/2007 5:09 PM
Does this limit to only show categories available to the user or is there a way to limit forums/categories from being listed?

I don't see it currently in the code, but I might be blind.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/21/2007 12:14 AM
The post item is non-permission capable, which means it'll show everything; this is how the stock code works and all this mod does is change how the output lists data.
Posted By: Fred Johnson Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/21/2007 3:51 PM
Yeah, that is what I figured. On my site I have some private areas, like a forum for the Board of Directors, and having these posts pop up wouldn't really be that great. I like the idea of the island, but I would need a way to lock out or pick from specific categories/forums.

Fred
Posted By: Fred Johnson Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/21/2007 4:09 PM
Okay, nevermind... I understand now, this is only for the template, you select WHERE is pulls the info from when you create the post island... Great mod, I'm using it now.

Fred
Posted By: Fred Johnson Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/21/2007 6:13 PM
One thing noticed by my users, the date/time is the local server time instead of their local time, any idea how to make it their time?

Fred
Posted By: Gizmo Re: ubb.dev Post_Island - 03/22/2007 12:14 AM
Lol yes, it's great to note that you have to choose which forums to pull data from when creating the post island; so if you don't want a private forums data pulled? then don't select it lol...

© UBB.Developers