UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 5:55 AM
Fake Member Total - Some people do a lot of active pruning of their member database, so by keeping things tidy we suffer from low member counts... In Classic we had the ability to have a "fake" member total which just took the last uid from the forums and that was your total...

Well it's not that easy to track in threads, but you can tell it to increase your member count by X ammount of users...

Open your cache_builders/forum_stats.php, replace this:
Code
$smarty->assign("users",$users);

With this:
Code
$smarty->assign("users",$users+XXXX);

Where XXXX is the number you want to increase the total by (no comma's), then clear your cache.

Now the forum stats will show your actual total PLUS the offset you typed in
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 6:01 AM
hmmm.. would it be more accurate to do like we did with .classic and just use the id number of the last registered member?
Posted By: sirdude Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 7:21 AM
yes
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 7:57 AM
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
hmmm.. would it be more accurate to do like we did with .classic and just use the id number of the last registered member?
yup lol, however, if you imported from another product (or upgraded), the member id's where renumerated, so it won't be accurate based off of what it WAS...
Posted By: sirdude Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 8:07 AM
just do an alter table on ubbt_USERS and set the autoincrement value to xxxx wink *poof* done

2c
Posted By: blaaskaak Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 8:40 AM
Another quicky solution would be:

Don't clean up the userdatabase smile

I find that faking numbers that can be checked to be false will cause some forumfreak to notice it, and open a topic about it screaming why you are faking a number of members.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 9:22 AM
Pruning is a nessessity, I like things tidy, call it OC... I just can't stand to see several thousand registered accounts with 0-4 posts that havne't so much as visited my site in 3 years...
Posted By: blaaskaak Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Pruning is a nessessity, I like things tidy, call it OC... I just can't stand to see several thousand registered accounts with 0-4 posts that havne't so much as visited my site in 3 years...

ok, I can go with that why you would want that. We decided against cleaning up.

But I can't see why you would want to fake a usercount that can easely be checked to see it's false.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 10:50 AM
I would also like to see the number of threads / posts on the forum to accurately reflect the total number of threads/posts that have been made, rather than the number that are currently on the site, which can easily be 10% lower.

Posted By: blaaskaak Re: [7.x] Fake Member Total - 08/23/2007 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ian_W
I would also like to see the number of threads / posts on the forum to accurately reflect the total number of threads/posts that have been made, rather than the number that are currently on the site, which can easily be 10% lower.

SELECT sum(USER_TOTAL_POSTS) FROM ubbt_USER_PROFILE gives you a rough number about the total posts ever been made (if you don't prune users that have posts).

You normally would get the number from the autoincrement values, but all this importing between products kinda killed the original increment value.
© UBB.Developers