UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gwala Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/11/2001 10:45 AM
Hehe, i was experimenting with some ideas in photoshop and produced a rather fat block of buttons, if you want them - feel free to disect them from the cube. Otherwise print them out and use them on the wall as art [j/k] smile

[Linked Image]

If these dont load, its probably Angelfires Remote Linking Policy - if that occurs visit http://www.angelfire.com/vt/gwala/ then refresh this page.

-Gwala
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/11/2001 10:48 AM
btw - the background color is #DCDCDC
+ All of these images & icons are original - self-made, however ideas have been taken from existing icons/images from the graphics database here.

-Gwala
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/11/2001 10:56 AM
Just uploaded some more... Different Background Colors - for those who really like Black/White/Blue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-Gwala
Nice! How exactly did you do them... I would be interested in learning..
Posted By: LK Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/11/2001 11:52 PM
Very cute, I like "Image hosted by Angelfire" pictures wink :rolleyes:
quote:
Did you make them yourself? laugh
they look good, except shouldn't the "Close Topic" one say "Topic Closed" or "Closed Topic" instead?
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/12/2001 10:50 PM
lol well i didnt make a topic closed. thats for down the bottom with the nice admin option wink
[i have a third button on my UBB down the bottom where the reply button is with Close topic]

Tek -
Simple really.
Light Bevel.
Depth 1-2
Blur 3-5

then outer glow, mode to normal, transparaency to 100% -> the color is a mid-range->dark gray, set the intensity to 600% and the blur to 1-3

The icons all had the same effect applied.
and i added a gradient onto the icons.

-Gwala
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/12/2001 10:52 PM
the colors are applied with a COLOR DODGE layer

-Gwala
Are they transparent?
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/12/2001 11:20 PM
not really - but ill do a color request
You should make them transparent. Would save you alot of time.
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/12/2001 11:43 PM
anti aliasing is the enemy of transparency.

-Gwala
Never really used it..
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/14/2001 9:15 AM
Anti Aliasing is something photoshop likes doing to me on its own, and i like it wink Makes the image appear more "crisp".
But it is the true enemy of transparency.
so - if you want to use them i can give you the PSD or do a color request.

-Gwala
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/14/2001 12:00 PM
Heres some of those smaller buttons
[Linked Image]

-Gwala
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/14/2001 12:01 PM
Maybe if someone has a moment to dice these things out - feel free to add them to the database.

-Gwala
Posted By: RTJ Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 10/28/2001 2:48 PM
Nice work, wish i could do buttons like that!
Posted By: Gwala Re: Big block 'o Buttons [Warning: Large Image] - 11/05/2001 10:16 AM
More Buttons.

Err - whos the moderator of this forum? if they could switch on HTML i would be able to IFRAME in these graphics - becuase of the remote linking policy of Brinkster [formally ewebcity.com] you will have to click through to access this lot lol.

http://www21.brinkster.com/gwala/newubb.htm

On another note... my new background (not as good as the last... but hey.. okok lot worse.)

[plug]http://www21.brinkster.com/gwala/newbackground1.htm[/plug]
© UBB.Developers