UBB.Dev
Posted By: Rainner Help finding how to add sidebars and banner - 11/22/2003 7:32 AM
Hi,

Can anyone point me to a link or direction to insert my UBB board in a web page to so I can have a side bar and header/banner? or is this something I have to do in UBB.

Thank you for any help

Rainner
Check out this tutorial in the Database :

https://ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000001;p=&r=nfx
OK, I read the basics, and downloaded the "rightnav" file, however it just says "UBB goes here" in the HTML... does that mean that I have to copy and paste the ultimatebb.php code, or do I just have to link to it? My assumption is to edit the ultimatebb.php code and put the necessary html header and footer at the top and bottom, then upload to my web host...
The html code goes into the Styles section of your UBB Control Panel. Enter your Control Panel. Navagate to the Styles section. Open (Edit) the Style that you are currently using for your board. If this makes you nervous, instead of opening up your current Style, make a copy. Give it a name. Now on to addind the code:

You have found where it says "UBB goes here". This is the middle of the page. Find the HTML Inserts portion in the Style Editor. Everything above "UBB goes here" goes in teh Header cell. Everything below "UBB goes here" goes in the Footer cell.

Hope that helps!
Ok, now how would this work with 6.7 and Ian's ColorForums?

I'm learning, but too slowly.

Trying to Edit *.css in Notepad's a joke.
it would work the exact same way
© UBB.Developers