UBB.Dev
Posted By: Cuba New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 4:44 PM
These new icons are modifications of other icons but put together as they are by myself.

Hope you can put these icons to use. If you'd like the colours of the text tweeked let me know.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very nice work like usual Cuba. I love them ^_^.
Great stuff Cuba.. Great stuff. But where is the private message one? And also can you make ones for a dark background UBB? Like say make the outline of the text grey or green or something.
Nice work Cuba!
Do you have a pm one to add to the set?
VERY nice! I'm deffently using them on my site!
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 10:10 PM
Oh yea, thought I had that one up.

Anyway here it is
[Linked Image]

*** Late Edit
[Linked Image]

[ May 19, 2001 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Cuba ]
Thanks, Cuba, these are good... smile
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 10:32 PM
This set should be ok for black backgrounds.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 10:47 PM
This should be good for forums with blue in them somewhere smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 10:56 PM
For forums with green items in it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 11:14 PM
You figure this one out...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/19/2001 11:18 PM
These are plain black, the ones above, altho hard to see, are white.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
wow, cuba, you've really gona all out on these icons! thanks for such a plentiful contribution to our database. we can add them to our database, right? wink
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 05/20/2001 12:55 AM
sure!
That's some nice work cuba, nice one smile
darn I did some for you guys but i had to go to the store and well my computer was screwed up. A little late on them i guess. Anyway Here's my version of the green... may be the same and may be different. I dont know. Cuba is given credit for the picture designs.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PM wasnt availble at the time.

[ May 19, 2001 06:47 PM: Message edited by: WDude ]
hmm... looks like the backround got messed up on some... it was my first try though.
Those are outstanding, Cuba...I'm definitely going to put them on my web site!

I was just about to edit the whole mess of them, then I saw yours...you saved me a whole lotta work!

[ May 19, 2001 11:36 PM: Message edited by: DCS ]
These are for use on the front page in conjunction with the Cosmetic Links Hack for v6 or a wordlet change. Enjoy! more variations coming.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Plain White... For the reasons above.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Plain Black...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
always nice to see my icons used for reproduction...
nice work can u make the white and black ones like change this text and add a white bg to it you know?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
thanks in advance laugh

*edit* also can you make one for active topics along the top? *edit*

[ May 20, 2001 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Jigga-Master ]
quote:
hey morph, i dunno what you're talking about. two of those icons are from internet explorer/microsoft, and the other three are from dreamweaver/macromedia.
WOW! Thanx, using them. smile
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 06/21/2001 10:21 PM
For use in the calender hack..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Deb Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 06/21/2001 11:00 PM
These are all great Cuba! Thanks for taking the time to work them up and I'll add them to the db soon.

Wow... you're really makin' me work this time dude! wink
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 06/21/2001 11:45 PM
Well, I try! laugh
nice icons smile
Hey the calender ones are good. pretty soon my whole site will be "Cuba" Graphx
Hey Cuba you know what your doing man, Im adding the icons to my forum as we speak laugh .
hey cuba, great icons! can i ask you a favor though? can you make ones like that but of:
close topic, open topic, move topic, delete topic, previous, and next icons? i know its a little much but if you could thatd be great, oh id like the colors of the ones with the black outline and white inside(for the text) thanks again, if you do it.
again, Andrew, please read the rules at the top of this page here before making image requests. smile
ooh, sorry i didnt see that, once again, sorry!
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 06/24/2001 12:16 AM
No problem. I'm workin on them now.
OK here we go!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Delete Topic

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Another set of CubaOriginals

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Our factory isn't really in Cuba y'know.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Our last set of CubaOriginals™ for tonite..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Oh yea I forgot, Prev/Next Icons.. I'll get to work on them now. Looks like the CubaOriginals™ factory will be workin late tonite.
Try these for size..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
GEEEZ. You are like da bomb at this stuff! Awesome icons! I don't want to use them on my boards because they are too big

Do you have any folder icons? (new, hot, old, hot old etc.)

Then I would love ya even more. wink
Hey -- Can I work at the Cuba Factory? -- hey man can you make some of those for the profile , register and such

[ June 23, 2001 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
Sure you can, pay negotiable tipsy
thanks dude your a life saver *gets his life saved by cuba*
Really?!?! What can I do?
make one for the sticky thread mod - Bump/Debump too!!
Hey Cuba.. Do you think that I could use the "icon" part of those icons and just use different text for myself?
Hey Cuba, could you make one up for the Rule hack? Thanks!
quote:
Sure go right ahead...
I'm going to research the Rule Hack now and see what can be done wink
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Your calendar graphics are nice, but can they be redone with the correct spelling of calendar?

A lot of people mess up that word--it's calendAR, not calendER

Thanks!
How embarrasing ! wink No problem
LoL...

Anyway, thanks Cuba, Awesome work...I'll use them as soon as I figure out how to without Code Buttons...HeHe
Could you make some for todays active topics. No capitals please.
i made one for the icq hack, i WAS usin the one on the script but it never went with the others very well soooo... here it is (just change the address to the img in public_topic_page.pl

[Linked Image]
quote:
please!
bump and debump done for dark bg:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
a couple more:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
and all those for light backgrounds:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry the new topic one doesn't work too well - if anyone is bothered i'll try for something a bit different and post it here...just shout.
oop, sorry forgot to say...cuba, you rule! damn fine buttons there...
Excellent buttons my man! excellent buttons!

you recieve my full endorsement!
woohoo tx =) /me blushes
Would you mind making one for the PM hack?
One was made for the PM hack...
Hey suizid, very nice buttons. But could you make them also with white text and a black border? Thanks.
sure thing smile Gimme 30 mins whle I grab my lunch, then ill be right on it...
quote:
What are you doing grabbing your lunch at 7 in the morning?
Whoops, disregard my last post. I forgot people are froom other countries.
quote:
Thanks wink
Omg sorry i forgot!!! Bit busy at the mo but when it calms down a little i'll do them! /my bad
Posted By: LK Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 07/16/2001 1:03 PM
Nice icons smile

But the calendar is still spelled incorrectly, and I think PM hack is the one that separates the PMs from My Profile.
figured id help out a busy man cool

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks Bookie, I am pretty busy smile and I deleted the .png file that came with that graphic so It'd took me longer...

I've got Active Topics done and a new memberlist icon so dont be doing those. They're mine wink
you deleted your .png? Isn't that like breaking some kind of arthist code of ethics? wink

[ July 16, 2001 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Stilgar ]
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 07/16/2001 10:17 PM
Yea, ...GOD WHAT I HAVE DONE!!!!!!

<< Cuba weeps wink
quote:
gotcha wink
Cuba.. I have a request..In this thread you made some posting icons called move topic, delete topic, and others..These folder icons look absolutely great and I am using all of them on my board wink I was wondering if you could make some posting icons for a hack called Sticky Threads..They are called 'Top Topic' and 'Detop Topic' Or you can name them 'Bump' and 'Debump' Could you make some of these icons with white letters and white letters with the black border like you did in the move and delete icons you made carrying the same theme??? This would be great laugh laugh Thankyou in advance for your efforts..
He's already made those ones. :rolleyes:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000822&p=3
quote:
Diggin' the mod status! smile
Posted By: TorN Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 07/21/2001 11:29 AM
And well deserved too laugh cool wink
Thanks Guys, I'm planning more of these graphics real soon so, keep checking back on this thread. smile
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 07/21/2001 10:39 PM
Active Topics

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
quote:
Thanks Cuba! These have been long awaited!
Posted By: Cuba Re: New Style Posting Icons - Easier to understand - 07/21/2001 11:02 PM
New Memberlist I did promise!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Wow, those are great!
Geez. Cuba, you are honestly the best graphic designer I know on these boards. Glad to see your work here.
Nah man, some guys on here are way better IMO, but thanks for the compliment smile

<< Your pretty good yourself >>
quote:
I tend to disagree. You are REALLY good! Unless you are saying I am better. Then yes I would have to agree with you. laugh Just kidding.
cuba
this icons very very cewl !
wow! these rule!!! will be adding them all to my site tonight smile.. actually could u do something with the existing AIM icon? it doens't line up with these correctly (hoepfully i didn't miss it in this thread I had to browse through it quickly to leave work) smile
im not sure how this would work out with the aim hack but here it is anyway..

[Linked Image]
Hey Cuba, I love the graphix! YOu kick ass dude!! But umm, you forgot to complete the blue and green sets. smile
Cuba,

I love ur work. I just wonder what kind of font do you use to create those button? I really like it... is that possible for me to get it on the web?
uh-huh, check cubadust.com
cuba...is that your site?!!
heh, Nup.

Just happens to have Cuba in the name, what are the odds eh?
So Cuba, you gonna make some icons for the blue and green sets?
Well what buttons are missing?

Can't believe people actually use the green and blue ones.. wink

[sidenote]Let's get this topic up to a grand 100!![/sidenote]
Hi Guys, in order for everyone to keep upto date more easily, the mods have come to the agreement that we'll start a new part II thread to this.
© UBB.Developers