UBB.Dev
Posted By: tackaberry Cache your Work Units! - 09/10/2001 7:27 PM
UD Monitor is a handy utility which allows you to cache several work units at a time. Why is this good? Well for one, it allows you to download several tasks at once, then process them sequentially without having to connect to the UD server in between.

This is a good way to increase your effiency, as you don't have to wait to connect to the UD server before starting your next task.

Another bonus is that you can configure the application to backup your tasks, so in case your machine crashes you may be able to recover some of your work.

Check out the homepage for more information.

laugh

-Tacks
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Cache your Work Units! - 09/10/2001 10:25 PM
this one looks pretty good, they released 2 versions just today laugh
Posted By: manuelbp Re: Cache your Work Units! - 09/30/2001 12:50 AM
Have one question about this.
As I understood, the ud agent only saves every 1 percent of task execution proces. I thought that the ud monitor could save your work in shorter periods of time, not depending on the percentages of the task excecution.
So I rebooted my computer after having backed-up, just to see that when I restored that the task cpu time was 10 hours behind.
Now I am at 70 hours of the task cpu time, and stuck since 27 hours at 49 %. I really NEED to reboot, but am afraid that after restoring, the cpu work will be again showing 27 hours.

Are my thoughts correct?
Posted By: caffeineyellow5 Re: Cache your Work Units! - 10/02/2001 11:55 PM
The UDMonitor is a program named after what it does. It monitors your UD agent. It doesn't do saves, it monitors when the last save was. It also can cache units for times when you are offline, so you can do multiple units in between internet connections. Wait until the UDMon shows that your last save was recent, then reboot.
© UBB.Developers