UBB.Dev
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal When offline.. - 09/27/2001 4:47 AM
I was wondering how it works when your offline.. I kee my computer running all day but it's not always connected to the internet.. So when I sign on does it start or does it count every minute it is open then when I sign on it submits the stuff>
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: When offline.. - 09/27/2001 5:13 AM
Also, can it be with two different teams??
Posted By: tackaberry Re: When offline.. - 09/27/2001 5:38 AM
Hi Tech-ni-kal,

Thanks for signing on!

When you run the agent, it will download a work unit from the UD server. After your UD Agent program shows that the "Primary Task is executing" you no longer need to be connected to the internet.

Your machine will then process and complete the job. The length of time varies. It could be a couple of hours, or a couple of days. Once the work unit is complete you will need to connect to the UD server to transmit your results back. When you connect, it will send the results, then download the next job for you.

There are a couple of utilities that are useful for people who do not maintain a constant connection: UD Dialer and UD Monitor. Read the other threads in this forum for more info.

As for you last question. You can only be on one team at a time. However, if you install the program on more than one machine, you could theoretically create a second login account and operate on two teams. However, we hope you will be a long lasting member of Team UBBDev!

laugh

-Tacks
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: When offline.. - 09/27/2001 10:57 PM
I will always be here... But I want to influence it on my site.. Ican have the same login and such on different computers right? Because I have two that are always on and are always connected to the internet.. How would I set that up? I looked but had no luck.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: When offline.. - 09/28/2001 7:48 PM
You can set more than one computer to the same acct, just name that computer a different name from the other when you register the device.

You'll need to set up 2 accts if you want to be on 2 different teams... T1 and T2 or something like that smile
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: When offline.. - 09/28/2001 10:47 PM
Thanks.. One last question.. My network is setup without a proxy server so I can'f figure out how to connect to the server because it doesn't work automatically.. frown Do you know what to do?

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: When offline.. - 09/30/2001 4:59 AM
Nevermind, seems their servers were down.. smile
© UBB.Developers