UBB.Dev
Posted By: vir need some help plz - 10/21/2001 6:59 AM
i have an old pos laptop that does a pretty good job of holding dust.
It doesnt have a modem or nic card. Is their a way I could run the UD on it and get the results on a flopy and then upload them using the UD on this computer?

thx

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Virus/ ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 7:09 AM
Not sure that you can. Because it gets uploaded and downloaded thru the program. Might want to talk to the people at UD.com smile
Posted By: caffeineyellow5 Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 7:09 AM
You could try Offline Crunching Guide/Sneaker Net (Version 1.5)

It may work, but I am not sure with the new agent version if will recognize it as a terminal service duplicate and reject the work units.
Posted By: vir Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 7:13 AM
ok guys
thx for the fast replys smile

Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 7:59 AM
No problem. Glad to help. smile
Posted By: Wando™ Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 11:32 AM
is there no way you couldn't just move the work unit onto your laptop then when ud completes it, put it in your ud file on your pc and ud agent will recognise it and decide it needs uploading????
Posted By: vir Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 6:49 PM
Dont know but ill try

Posted By: caffeineyellow5 Re: need some help plz - 10/21/2001 10:30 PM
I don't think that will work. The agent is set to only return the w/u it sent out based on the device number of the cs.ud file. The cs.ud file is your device and it is personally identifiable. If two units are found in the United Devices file, then it will only return the one that was sent to that device. The other will sit in the file until you delete it.

The way you can get around this is to download two agents. D/l the first and save it and all of its related files to a floppy(piece by peice, too big for one floppy,) then copy this to the laptop in the same directories it would as if you had d/l it straight to the lap. D/l a second device and use it on the origional comp. when the lap finishes each unit, save all the files to floppies from the origional comp. Transfer all the files from the lap to the net connected comp. Send the w/u and get your new one. And do the same back to the lap. Put the net con. files back and wait for the lap to finish again.

This is a lot of work, but if you are willing, it will work.

Note: Your versions of Windows should be the same to ensure they are compatable agent workings. Ex.: 95 with 95, 98 with 98...etc.
Posted By: Wando™ Re: need some help plz - 10/23/2001 10:52 AM
Virus: Do you edit all your messages??? laugh
Posted By: vir Re: need some help plz - 10/24/2001 4:22 AM
lol no...
© UBB.Developers