UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lord Dexter This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/30/2002 7:44 AM
For the last two work units, they have just finished without getting to 100% and then not giving me any points for them! Both of them were very long that would have got me so many points and then for them to finish early and get you no points is really bad. I'm afraid the next one I'll do will turn out the same. Whats going on?
Posted By: Telekinesis Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/30/2002 8:09 AM
It happens, the new unit cutting feature might be glitching up, but you should consult the UD forums, I heard about this before.
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/30/2002 8:10 AM
That stinks. Well, one of my very long work units (35+ hours) finished, but it didn't update the points. After the next work unit, it updated both work unit's points, though...

~Jon
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/30/2002 11:38 AM
I hope that happens JonNJapan. I lost alot of points for this. It must have been 70+ hours for both those work units I lost. frown
Posted By: Dave2 Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/30/2002 2:39 PM
I'm getting really annoyed at these really small WUs I keep getting -- I can't be online 24/7 so I lose a load of processing time!
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 03/31/2002 2:52 AM
Your getting all small? I'm getting all huge ones. At least 40+ Hours.
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 2:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:

I was getting 30+ hours. And now I'm getting all 7- hours WUs. =/

~Jon
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 9:11 AM
I just returned a result a while ago after loosing another 30+ hour one. I didn't get any points for the ones I lost. frown

Waaaaaaah! frown
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 10:51 AM
Dang man, that stinks.

It just took me THREE WUs to get like 100 points though. Ugh.

~Jon
Posted By: navaho Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 11:25 AM
Dave2 hunt around on UD's forums. Somewhere there is posted a hack that will let you download multiple work units and process them all while offline, then upload them all.

I don't remember exactly where it was posted, sorry.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 11:51 AM
I think you mean UD Monitor Navaho. wink
Posted By: tackaberry Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/03/2002 4:56 PM
UD Monitor, in addition to tracking time since your last save, allows you to cache work units.

Caching means that you have a queue of several work units waiting to be processed. This allows your agent to move on to the next unit without having to connect to the UD server.

It's great for people who have dial-up connections as well as those times when the UD server isn't available.

Do a search in this forum for "UD Monitor" there have been several threads about it in the past.
Posted By: trunkx Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/05/2002 3:03 AM
i've never had that problem, but a couple of times i've had the problem where the agent stops processing, but the time keeps going. so whenever i restart i lose all the time. finally i realized i had to unistall the agent then reinstall it.
Posted By: Telekinesis Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/05/2002 6:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:

I just returned a 66 hour one, got around 500-600 points, sorry, and now I have 62% on this 5 hour one..
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: This Is Starting To Make Me Angry.. - 04/05/2002 9:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by trunkx:
i've never had that problem, but a couple of times i've had the problem where the agent stops processing, but the time keeps going. so whenever i restart i lose all the time. finally i realized i had to unistall the agent then reinstall it.

I don't loose time though, I loose the whole Work Unit.
© UBB.Developers