UBB.Dev
Posted By: LK [6.4] Strike System - 01/13/2003 12:30 PM
Name: Strike System

Funded by: UltimateDBZ wink

Description: Instead of Report a Post, admins/moderators can Strike other users.

Link: ZIP File

Demo: http://www.lkworld.com

Requirements: UBBâ„¢ 6.4

Number of Downloads: [img]https://www.ubbdev.com/lk/num.php?s=strike64.zip[/img]

Notes: Many features aren't even tested (updates to lib_misc, ultimatebb). Let your moderators know that the following situations will make them go to report a post page instead of strike:
  1. They have to use it in the forum they moderate.
  2. They can't strike other moderators/administrators.
  3. A user can't get more than one strike on the same day. Prevents moderators from trying to ban a user because of personal reasons.
Posted By: Xiphoid_pAOM Re: [6.4] Strike System - 01/14/2003 4:53 AM
Thanks for the port, LK. smile

I've installed this and it seems like everything went well... no oddities in the control panel or errors being reported; however, my Report a Post image isn't appearing. I doubt that it's anything with LK's code and probably due to the modifications that I've added before this mod, but I'd really like to get this working.

$report_icon, which is the variable that's used to display the image and link in public_topic_page.pl is still there alongside $ip_wording, so it should be showing up. I'm sure that the Report this Post feature in the General Display section of the CP is turned on and that I have the reportpost.gif image uploaded. I put dummy letters around $report_icon in public_topic_page.pl and it displayed those, but not the report post graphic.

Could anyone offer any hints or reasons as to why it might not be showing up? I have installed about a dozen mods, but I don't see how they would have affected the $report_icon variable.

Thanks.
Posted By: Xiphoid_pAOM Re: [6.4] Strike System - 01/23/2003 8:32 AM
I fixed my problem. On my test board that I set up I didn't bother to turn on the email features and this is why the report post icon wasn't displaying.

[code][/code]Ah... if statement conditions... smile

Just posting this in case anyone else forgets to turn it on or doesn't have it enabled.
Posted By: [email protected] Re: [6.4] Strike System - 02/26/2003 4:36 AM
LK

Should This

quote:
if ($file[4] != $user_number && !$strike) {
not be this?

quote:
[qb]if ($file[3] != $user_number && !$strike) { [/qb]
As in 0,1,2,3. As file[4] is the start of the forum,topic,reply lines

Just testing this out now for the first time
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Strike System - 03/04/2003 3:16 AM
LK as one of the Administrators of RonaldReagan.com who was subjected by an attack of two large British soccer boards invasion for the complete purpose of disrupting.

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated this script.

Worked beautifully (only modification was changing a few words from "stroke" to "struck" and "stroked" to "strucked" wink )...I even added a small animated lightning gif and wav when struck.

But, a big BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS SCRIPT! smash
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Strike System - 03/04/2003 4:26 AM
Yeh, I had to change it to struck lol, stroke brought up too many comments...
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Strike System - 04/25/2003 12:59 AM
Is it compatible with 6.5? [Linked Image]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Strike System - 04/27/2003 10:37 PM
It should be smile
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Strike System - 04/30/2003 4:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
It should be smile
Thanks LK. smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Strike System - 08/03/2003 5:56 AM
Hey LK, is there any chance of an addon for the strike system in the works? I'd like to be able to see all users who are presantly banned due to being struck, plus those who are struck and how many times they were stricken...
Posted By: Saxeus Re: [6.4] Strike System - 10/17/2003 1:35 PM
Yeah, a working version for ubb6.6 or maybe for 6.7 even, and with the option for the users to see that they have this or that number of strikes, and also members to be able to strike other members, with a limited time of one strike to live for 5 days and then get removed. Please please please? smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Strike System - 10/17/2003 2:16 PM
nah, a feature i'd like would be being able to view how many strikes that a user has...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Strike System - 11/30/2003 10:24 PM
Question; what about users who've disabled PM's? Anyway of having it force to send a notice even if PM's are disabled?
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Strike System - 12/11/2003 1:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gizzy:
Question; what about users who've disabled PM's? Anyway of having it force to send a notice even if PM's are disabled?
It still strikes them, but they don't get the notification PM, but it still shows up on the Admin strike log and the strike is still applied to their account.

When I see that they aren't accepting PM's, I notify them after the post that was the reason for the strike
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Strike System - 12/11/2003 3:03 AM
Lol yeh i went and pulled up the strike log last night; I'm actually thinking of publishing that on my site lol...
© UBB.Developers