UBB.Dev
Posted By: LK [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 12:40 PM
My first mod, ported to 6.4 laugh

Here we go:

Name: Chat Mod

Description: Lets you chat with jIRC. It has full CP support, it's 100% wordletized, it automatically gets the nick of the user/GuestXXXXX (5 random digits) if it's a guest, replaces smilies with real smilies, shows how many people are currently chatting and even invites people to the chatroom (by Recent Visitors).

Demo: http://www.lkworld.com

Link: ZIP File or MultiHack File

Requirements: UBBâ„¢ 6.4.0 , jPilot License (unless you want to see an "unregistered" line after every line)

Number of downloads: [img]https://ubbdev.com/lk/num.php?s=chat64.zip,chat64.mhp[/img]

Special thanks to: Ryan Olson for Invitation Script, Brett (raiyan) for JavaScript idea, dj_rava for the Admin Command Buttons idea and Troy for MultiHack and supporting me all the way smile .

Screenshots: Forum Summary , Chat Window , CP

Note: if you have a license, you have to upgrade your license key - http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/upgradekey.html in order to use this version. Everybody with illegal keys - don't upgrade to this version wink
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 8:26 PM
LK, your file is missing all of the vars_wordlets_mods additions. You also have public_common.pl listed twice in the header.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 8:30 PM
hmm, you don't need wordlets_mods tipsy
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 8:35 PM
Now you don't need wordlets_mods wink
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 8:56 PM
lemme re-hack since it was stating that i needed items...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 9:18 PM
Word for word, line for line, still doesn't work...

http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Also, the control pannel wordlet still doesn't load wink ...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/13/2003 9:22 PM
http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/chat.cgi - 500 ISE, you probably need to CHMOD it again tipsy

Edit: updated chat mod - not because of your problem, but because now the images in Instant Graemlins are in the correct folder, and in cp_vars_chat there is a note that you should upload to applet_images folder to add smilies..
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 1:41 PM
One more update shocked (ubb_chat.cgi) - Sounds dropdown list now gets the info from the audio folder... tipsy
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 2:34 PM
Thank you for porting it to 6.4 thumbsup

Now my problems:

You write:

---
* Open ultimatebb.cgi *
Find:
=====
%template %vars_config
---

This cannot be found. Instead I find:
[code][/code]For testing I insert after %vars_config . Seems to work.

Next Problem:

[Linked Image]

There is something missing, but it works. You can enter the menu.

Last problem: My purchased key for 2.4x seems not working with this 2.7x Is this an issue of jpilot ? Must I update my key ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 6:35 PM
Go to http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/upgradekey.html to update your key...

About cp_common, did you overwrite your vars_chat.cgi? (you should do that tipsy )

About ultimatebb.cgi, yer right...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 6:54 PM
Man, jpilot can be a pain lol... I have like 9 keys all for differant sites in my network, so simple upgrades like that can be a pain lol, especially if they charge.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 7:27 PM
The key update is free for current jPilot license holders tipsy
and...
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Everybody with illegal keys - don't upgrade to this version wink
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/14/2003 7:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Go to http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/upgradekey.html to update your key...
I will do this after I get all needed hacks smile Now I just install a test version.

quote:
[qb]
About cp_common, did you overwrite your vars_chat.cgi? (you should do that tipsy )
About ultimatebb.cgi, yer right...
[/qb]
I do a fresh hack on a fresh installed UBB 6.4 final release. It's my test board for try out the hacks. I will check all again. All vars_* are new.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/15/2003 2:34 AM
lol, using the preview nothin sais they can't roll it back, or even acquire a way of tweaking key issues wink ..
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/26/2003 12:03 AM
I get the same problem as Zarzal above where I just see a dash in the primary settings of cp, but I can go into it anyway.

When I save changes, I get

An error has occurred:

Undefined subroutine &main::set_vars_chat called at cp.cgi line 342.
Backtrace: cp.cgi:342 -> sub UBBCGI::Carp::die
Backtrace: Carp.pm:82 -> sub UBBCGI::Carp::fatalsToBrowser
Backtrace: Carp.pm:146 -> sub main::StandardHTML2
Backtrace: cp_lib.cgi:130 -> sub main::Tracer

I've done it more than once. I do have my key upgraded and have used the chat mod for quite a while.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/26/2003 2:03 PM
Debbie, re-upload vars_chat.cgi and re-hack cp_lib.cgi...
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/26/2003 4:39 PM
I've done this 4 times now, to no avail. I do have on the newsfader and the strike mods.
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/27/2003 10:25 AM
I do the hack again. I update my key and it seems to work but I have the problem with teh control panel again:

[Linked Image]

There ist the label chat missing and show only a '-' I think this can be fixed easy, but where ? The menu work and you can enter the selection.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/28/2003 5:06 AM
Yeh, I had the same issue, I just updated the cp common wordlet to say "Chat Settings" as opposed to worrying about it being wordletalized lol...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 01/28/2003 8:24 AM
OIC... To fix that problem:
[code][/code]Edit: ZIP/MHK files updated.
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 02/01/2003 4:21 PM
I do see the Chat Settings in CP now, but I still get the compile errors I show on the first page. I have been making changes by hand, and I have a huge chat occuring on 2/4 where I need rid of the buttons and for the background to not be black. I have no idea how to fix through CP since rehacking (very few changes here to do) does no good, and I think my problems are with some other file.

I'm in a hurry, so what can I do to get rid of the black and the buttons at http://www.tropictravelonline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=chat?
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/03/2003 8:37 PM
Does anyone else have many problems with their users being able to connect due to webchat.org's servers?
Posted By: twslex Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/12/2003 1:45 AM
Just a thought. wouldn't it be a better think to that the chat mod onto a new level with thinks like this:

http://pino3.sourceforge.net/

The freeware chat server.
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/16/2003 3:58 PM
When I have done the hack for 6.4 and 6.5, I've had a problem with the invite list. Can someone please look at http://www.tropictravelonline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=newinvite and tell me if they knew what I was doing wrong? I would really appreciate it!
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/25/2003 6:02 PM
I notice a new Problem. I use the last avail chat hack on UBB V6.5. I take a look on my traffic analyzer and see chat.cgi on the first place of hit's:

# Hits KBytes URL

1 13554 5.87% 435 0.06% /cgi-bin/chat.cgi
2 10855 4.70% 306571 40.53% /cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

With an opld version on ubb 6.2 there was no such much hits. Is this a side effect of the java scripting for the 'who is chatting' display ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/25/2003 9:19 PM
I think I'm going to remove the Chat Mod invitation thing in the next version, cause that's probably what makes the most hits... And also the same routins are available in the Instant Message mod..
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/25/2003 11:23 PM
lets send the invitation to the PM of the user. With UBB 6.5 he will get a notice from the board itself on the main pages and maybe an eMail as notice from system.

This way takes a little bit longer time but will lower the load.
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 03/29/2003 12:42 PM
This was asked in version 6.3, but nobody answered it on the boards. I've used the chat mod since version 6. I have licensed jIRC and have the new key.

I am on version 6.5 and did port the chat mod, but I had various problems. I got rid of the - in the control panel on my own and various other issues. However, now I get the error below:

Cannot join channel: Only registered, identified users can create channels.

What do I need to do to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/09/2003 2:39 AM
Only a Registered Member of the Chat Server, a Founder or a SOp can start a chat now.

Once you are logged in type:
/join #

For mine, this is what I have to type:

/join #catcherman.com

because the name of my chatroom is catcherman.com.
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/18/2003 10:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
OIC... To fix that problem:
[code][/code]Edit: ZIP/MHK files updated.
This didn't fix the problem in my control panel... could it be something else?

Also, there are two buttons that aren't coming up correctly when you go to my chat page:

Click to view .

It's the Connect and another button. Any ideas?
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/20/2003 3:29 AM
It's fixed now.
Posted By: Cedric2003 Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/21/2003 1:38 PM
does this hack work with 6.5 too?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/21/2003 9:35 PM
I am pretty sure it does, according to multihack, everything's fine smile
Posted By: spiffy Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 04/24/2003 5:43 PM
Am I correct in saying that a forum member who has not registered his forum username as an IRC nickname cannot start a chat, i.e. use this chat hack?

Sorry all the negatives there, can I put it like this: do you have to register your forum username as a IRC nickname to use this chat hack? I've registered mine, but I thought that I could use this to allow members (of the ubb) to start a chat using my details 'hidden' in the chat configuration so that they would not need to register usernames as nicknames.

If so, I can't see many of my members bothering to do this...

quote:
Originally posted by catcherman:
Only a Registered Member of the Chat Server, a Founder or a SOp can start a chat now.

Once you are logged in type:
/join #

For mine, this is what I have to type:

/join #catcherman.com

because the name of my chatroom is catcherman.com.
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/02/2003 1:44 AM
I am on 6.5 and have been using the chat mod for several releases. I have used it successfully on 6.5 a couple of weeks ago but am currently getting java.lang.class not found. Exception: chat class. Any ideas?
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/02/2003 9:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by spiffy:
Am I correct in saying that a forum member who has not registered his forum username as an IRC nickname cannot start a chat, i.e. use this chat hack?
You are correct in saying that. It's an unfortunate new feature they added to the webchat.org servers. If I, or one of my moderators, is not there to open a chat now it does not open. And it's not easy for many people from our community to understand the commands necessary to open the chatroom.

One other problem I've had is that not all .au files will play in the chatroom. I have some files that I know are not corrupt but nothing happens when I use them in the chat room. I wonder why...
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/05/2003 12:23 AM
Can anyone answer my question above? I seem to have the class files there. Hmmm.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/05/2003 1:51 PM
I also got it some times but I can't figure why.. shocked
Posted By: spiffy Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/09/2003 2:33 PM
quote:
You are correct in saying that. It's an unfortunate new feature they added to the webchat.org servers.
Thanks, Catcherman. This is indeed unfortunate as it renders this hack virtually unusable for most forums I'd imagine. This is a real shame as it was a great hack and I devoted a lot of time integrating it.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/09/2003 3:22 PM
I wouldn't say that, you could just replace the server names from webchat to dalnet or something tipsy
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/09/2003 8:55 PM
That's right, LK, I almost forgot about that. Can you give us a list of the other servers (URLs) that would work with this hack?

What I've don is create an imaginary SOp user called Gunther. My members know who he is and that he's just there to keep the room open. Since I have two computers in my office I just log on the the chat with one as Gunther early in the day and leave him there so the room is open. We get a kick out of Gunther.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/10/2003 12:00 AM
http://www.mirc.co.uk/servers.ini
all the URLs after "SERVER:" should work... (for example the first one there is "irc.dal.net")
Posted By: spiffy Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 05/13/2003 12:14 PM
Many thanks for this LK and CatcherMan. I didn't want to seem negative, I was just a bit frustrated as it took me a while to get to grips with this. Will give it a try...
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/05/2003 12:29 AM
The Show URL button in the chat doesn't work except for the person that hits it. It used to open a new window with the link for all users in the chatroom, but it's not doing that anymore.

Any help?
Posted By: DebbieH Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/15/2003 12:28 AM
I still am not past that java.lang.classnot found exception. When I go to the chat, it doesn't pop up the applet anymore like it used to, it just says the above.
Posted By: sixpax12 Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/16/2003 4:52 PM
anybody try this on 6.5 ?
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/16/2003 9:52 PM
Can anyone please explain why the "Show URL" button doesn't work anymore?

If you click on it and enter a URL into the pop-up window it's supposed to open a blank page and go to that URL for all users in the chat, but it no longer does that. It only opens the new window for the user that submits the request.

And, yes, it works on 6.5 sixpax12.

p.s. I have triple checked my Control Panel settings. They are set to allow this operation.
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/18/2003 11:21 PM
After some digging yesterday, with LK and dj_rava, we came to realize that the problem I mentioned above is a bug in the Java applet.

I contacted JPilot about it and here is my reply:

quote:
hello, thanks for the feedback, yes i can confirm it is bug in the applet
causing these problems. I will get a fix out there as soon as we can.
Thanks for your help LK and dj_rava. We'll get to the bottom of this.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/26/2003 1:05 PM
appearantly jPilot did hear BOTH your requests and has already fixed them:
http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/preview/
quote:
- fix /showurl not showing up in other applet client bug
- fix bug that a very long URL string is not clickable
laugh
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/27/2003 12:49 AM
Sweet!!!

Now, tell me again, how do I make this new version available to all of my chat members?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/27/2003 9:13 AM
you put the "classes" folder on your noncgi dir, and overwrite all files necessary. (some files aren't overwritten, like your personal sounds)
Posted By: Bob Ferguson Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/28/2003 4:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
you put the "classes" folder on your noncgi dir, and overwrite all files necessary. (some files aren't overwritten, like your personal sounds)
LK:

I followed your above instructions with no problems, but I don't see anything different in the chat room - am I suppose to see anything different? confused
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/28/2003 5:10 PM
It's only bugfixes, thus you shouldn't see anything new tipsy
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/29/2003 9:58 AM
Thanks LK for all of your assistance.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/29/2003 10:03 AM
I'm in your chatroom now and the bugs aren't fixed, although it seems like you did upload the new applet (by the way, some smilies are in the UBB default way, like " smile ")

Also I suggest you in your Chat Settings (in the control panel)'s "Username" field type something short (like "cman"), cause the IRC server is making problems.

Edit: I checked in my board and the fixes do work there... (2.7.1 beta ofcourse) I compared and you have the same version as I have for all 3 applet files.. very odd...
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/30/2003 8:41 PM
It's working. Maybe you checked too early.

I have noticed a problem still with hyperlinked text. It won't always make a URL into a clickable link.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 06/30/2003 11:21 PM
It's working when I choose no color/bold, but I tried using blue with bold and it didn't work..
Posted By: catcherman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/01/2003 8:13 PM
I see what you mean... but if I put a space before it when I type a url, even with the formatted text, it works. Strange. It must be the embedded formatting code that does that. I'll send another email to JPilot.
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/10/2003 10:27 PM
I got the chat up and going, but no link on the ubb page. Can somebody help?

http://www.hallsofavalon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/10/2003 11:37 PM
Re-modify public_forum_summary.pl. if you have JC Templates, make sure you modify that template in noncgi/Templates/JCTemplates folder, not just in noncgi/Templates.
Posted By: Poopy Pants Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 2:58 AM
it says in the instructions that ubb_forum.cgi is modified. I don't see the instructions on what code to modify. is this why mine isn't working?
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 7:14 AM
thanks LK..... one more problem... it only says chat... nothing else.

Your's says "Nobody is in the chat room"

Again here is the link.... sorry to be such a pain.

http://www.hallsofavalon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 11:49 AM
Young dude, I really need more info about "not working", and no, it's not because of that...

HOA, http://www.hallsofavalon.com/cgi-bin/chat.cgi?f=summary - it gives me 500 ISE. check your server's error log to see the problem...
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 11:46 PM
It must have been a one time thing, I checked it several times.... it's working fine.
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 11:51 PM
[Fri Jul 11 15:44:03 2003] [error] [client ***.***.***.***] Premature end of script headers: public_html/cgi-bin/chat.cgi

I found it now..... I edited out your IP.
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/11/2003 11:53 PM
Found a couple of others while browsing

File does not exist: public_html/UBB/classes/Chat$COMClassObject.class

File does not exist:
public_html/UBB/classes/ChatBeanInfo.class
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/12/2003 12:14 AM
hmm... it doesn't help me frown

what's your first line of ultimatebb.cgi?
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/12/2003 5:37 AM
#!/usr/bin/perl

# Whoops! If you see this message in your browser, your web hosting provider
# has not properly mapped the .cgi file extension to Perl.
#
# Please contact them for more information. Mapping .cgi is easy for both
# Unix and NT servers, and usually only takes a few seconds.
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/12/2003 5:39 AM
The first line of coding is:

BEGIN { # get our modules directory set up
($0 =~ m!(.*)(\|/)[^/\]+!) && unshift(@INC, $1, "$1$2Modules");
$| = 1;
}
END {
# print "
" . UBBCGI::escapeHTML($warnhandler) . "
";
$filehandle && ref($filehandle) && $filehandle->cleanup();
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/12/2003 11:31 AM
Okay, so it's more complicated smirk
(I thought maybe it's #!/usr/bin/local/perl)
usually when it says that error it means that it doesn't print anything, but I can't understand why in this case... I can't solve it without having FTP access to your server...
Posted By: HallsOfAvalon Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/13/2003 7:57 AM
I trust you, if you wanted to take a look LK. I could PM you the username and password.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 07/13/2003 2:29 PM
good... but I suggest that when you give someone the FTP username/password, change the password before you hand it to him and change it back after he's done working on your site...
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/03/2003 2:05 AM
Thanks LK...

I had no problem installing the hack (MultiHack rocks! laugh )

However...I purchased a license key last night and I went to the upgrade page and entered it and it and I guess because it was so new I didn't see any changes to it.

Now then the new key works on my original chat room (version 2.7.1)

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/jirc/chat.html

But my UBB chatroom says that it's unregistered. frown

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=chat

What could I be doing wrong? confused help

------------------EDIT-----------------------

Nevermind...I figured it out.

My license key was newer than the applet files that came with the hack...DOH! smash
Posted By: caroth Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/08/2003 7:38 PM
Hi, I am trying to install Chat in 6.5.0 and have upgraded my jPilot key but it still says ## evaluation copy. My license key is:

LicenseKey=v3:turboford.org:704262158794110903989942802005867294711677549563314...more numbers you don't get laugh

Do I use the entire key or just the numbers? I email jPilot and they weren't much help.

Thanks
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/09/2003 9:43 AM
anything after LicenseKey= I believe.
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/10/2003 3:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by caroth:
Hi, I am trying to install Chat in 6.5.0 and have upgraded my jPilot key but it still says ## evaluation copy. My license key is:

LicenseKey=v3:turboford.org:704262158794110903989942802005867294711677549563314...more numbers you don't get laugh

Do I use the entire key or just the numbers? I email jPilot and they weren't much help.

Thanks
Read my post above yours. cool

It's because your license key is newer than the applet files that came with the original hack.

Dowload the 2.7.1 (beta -solves several problems) and upload the new files to your server (overwriting the ones that came with the hack).

Here is the zip file that contains the new 2.7.1 applet files to go with yur new license key. smile

http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/preview/jIRC_preview_2.71.zip
Posted By: d-talk Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/10/2003 11:02 AM
Hi, I have the problem that the chat-server says, may IP is not allowed.... what can I do?

Thanks
d-talk
Posted By: caroth Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/11/2003 7:36 AM
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the newest production release before posting and it did not work. I did not try the beta, I am not much of a beta guy when I paid $99 for the license...

Anyway, I tried it and the beta does work! Thanks!

Chris
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/11/2003 5:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by caroth:
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the newest production release before posting and it did not work. I did not try the beta, I am not much of a beta guy when I paid $99 for the license...

Anyway, I tried it and the beta does work! Thanks!

Chris
Ehhhhhhh?...$99 dollars?? [Linked Image]

I only paid $49 for mine and the only reason I did was it's supposed to be a lifetime license. [Linked Image]

Also if you read on the fourth page of this post, the 2.7.1 Beta fixes some known problems...so in this case "beta is betta" thumbsup

https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000019;p=4
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/16/2003 6:33 AM
I believe it was a mistake, it still costs $49.99.
Posted By: DebbieH103 Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/23/2003 10:47 PM
Will the chat mod work on 6.6? I never got it working on 6.5, so I am hoping for this version, as I have been w/o it for awhile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/24/2003 12:10 AM
I know LK has it working on 6.6, but I'm not sure what kind of modification it would require to get it to work there
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/24/2003 12:17 AM
Actually, I haven't even started working on a 6.6 Control Panel for chat mod... it took me ages to get it to work on 6.0's CP, and 6.6's one is more difficult to build new attributes on, and also jIRC 2.7.1 has more features than 2.5.1 which was used when the first chat mod was out... frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/24/2003 12:19 AM
Debbie, btw, the reason your chat mod didn't work (I think) is because of a problem with irc.webchat.org... try to use another irc server (like irc.dal.net)..
Posted By: DebbieH103 Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 08/24/2003 6:05 AM
I did try irc.dal.net, but I think I had already messed something up trying to make it work, I don't know. Now that I went to 6.6, I am hoping you will get a new one out sometimes. My motherboard fried, and I got most of my hard drive contents, but I don't think I have my jirc license, so I will have to beg the owner w/ my email address

Just from a user perspective, I can't say I am overly fond of the new control panel.

LK, thanks for all you do. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: DebbieH103 Re: [6.4] Chat Mod - 09/21/2003 3:46 AM
So, now that 6.6 is "official", will you be migrating this mod>
© UBB.Developers