Posted By: AllenAyres [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 01/22/2003 6:24 AM
Name: Rate This Thread

Description: Allows your users to be able to rate a thread

Link: MultiHack File

Author: Philipp

Demo: https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Requirement: UBB™ 6.2.1 - 6.4 vars_wordlets_mods
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/05/2003 10:09 PM
Allen, I installed this, but when I rate a thread, it says "Taking you back to Forum 4"

Is there anyway to get it to go back to the topic, and maybe use the topics name, and not it's number?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/10/2003 1:57 AM
possible, I'll look at it when I get back from my break™

tipsy
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 3:43 AM
Hmmmmmm...tried adding it to my 6.5 board and hacking the four original files was no problem whatsoever.

I uploaded the four modified original files (public_forum_page.pl, public_topic_page.pl, ultimatebb.cgi, vars_wordlets_mods.cgi), the one new cgi file (ubb_rate_topic.cgi), the rating star GIFS to the UBB folder and I added the "thread_rating" folder (plus the recommended index.html) and properly chmoded all the files (cgi=755, vars=777, .pl=644 uploaded in ASCII and image GIFS uploaded in Binary and not chmoded)

Although I can see the new wordlets in the control panel, I can't see it on the board anyplace.

I looked at your Demo link.

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

And I can't seem to see it there either.

So either I goofed up somewhere, I'm blind and can't see the modification or this doesn't work with 6.5 help
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 4:04 AM
well mine installed fine on 6.5. Uploaded cleared cache and it showed up fine. Assuming you're hacking the board at http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi . All I can suggest is clearing the cache, and if that doesn't work, rehack and reupload public_forum_page.pl and public_topic_page.pl.

btw: I know this is a given but I've forgotten before. Make sure you cleared all the cache, not just the forum summary page, etc
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 4:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Weird Al:
well mine installed fine on 6.5. Uploaded cleared cache and it showed up fine. Assuming you're hacking the board at http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi . All I can suggest is clearing the cache, and if that doesn't work, rehack and reupload public_forum_page.pl and public_topic_page.pl.

btw: I know this is a given but I've forgotten before. Make sure you cleared all the cache, not just the forum summary page, etc
Thanks Weird AL, I did clear my cache (twice) after I installed it...so I must have an error some place else. [Linked Image]

But since you said that you added it to your 6.5, that definitely helps narrow my search...thanks! thumbsup

Just out of curiousity can you tell me where the "Rate this Thread" is located in an actual post? [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 4:11 AM
right below the printer icon, all the way at the bottom. At least it would be in a working hack tipsy
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:00 AM
Thanks again Weird Al!! laugh

Your input allowed me to narrow the source of the problem. laugh

I had use "MultiHack" to modify the files, but this time I simply hacked the files myself and this time it worked. [Linked Image]

Oh well, smiles & kudo's all the way around! laugh

Thanks buddy! thumbsup
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:01 AM
well I see you got it to work, what was wrong with it?

btw: [Linked Image] cool
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:05 AM
how did you do that? It didn't take me that long to type shocked
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:09 AM
quote:
well I see you got it to work, what was wrong with it?

btw: [Linked Image] cool
Not really sure to be honest. [Linked Image]

I used "MultiHack" to change the original files..this time I simply exported the modification file and instructions and did all the mods myself and it worked.../me shrugs [Linked Image]

Kind of cool board board you have their Weird Al...I may have to register. cool

Thanks again! thumbsup
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:13 AM
thanks, but don't get too comfy with the hacks. Should be upgrading to 6.6 Beta any day now laugh

oh, btw: multihack is known for making mistakes. kinda like how a computer would want to take the shortest route, even though a human would see that it was covered in snow (analogies was never my strong suit)
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/11/2003 6:39 AM
quote:
thanks, but don't get too comfy with the hacks. Should be upgrading to 6.6 Beta any day now laugh
Yeah, but the Reagan Foundation's license just expired and while I have no doubt that the Foundation will pay for the license renewal...I'm not sure (as their web master) that I want to reinstall all the custom hacks that I've added...unless A) the new UBB software is a significant leap forward...and B) that if the the new versions support the hacks that I've already added. [Linked Image]

As it seems right now...I'm adding custom hacks (only to see them added to the upgrade software), and while I understand this, I may have to take a break. [Linked Image]
Posted By: autostream Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/12/2003 7:53 AM
problem with 6.3.1.1
Completely functional however, problem with 'online users' i dont remember if that was a hack also, but the column(or row rather) gets messed up

http://autostream.com/forum
Posted By: Mr. B Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/22/2003 8:35 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem of Finman with 6.5

I think the problem is with vars_wordlet_mods file because actions are working fine but nothing written....

Any ideas?
Posted By: Mr. B Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/22/2003 8:37 PM
and I did clear the cach.
Posted By: Mrs.B Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/22/2003 11:32 PM
I have the same problem too frown

I can't see the numbers of the rating Or the header of the column frown

Help Guyz =|
Posted By: CTM Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/23/2003 1:06 AM
Did you install the Mods Wordlet DevKit, and if so, are you sure you installed it correctly?
Posted By: Mr. B Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/24/2003 5:22 AM
Now it is working fine.

Thanks CTM smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/25/2003 7:27 AM
hehe, mebbe I should bold those instructions tipsy
Posted By: Mr. B Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 08/26/2003 12:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
hehe, mebbe I should bold those instructions tipsy
[Linked Image]
Posted By: autostream Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 10/29/2003 8:02 AM
and where would you suggest I look...

quote:
problem with 6.3.1.1
Completely functional however, problem with 'online users' i dont remember if that was a hack also, but the column(or row rather) gets messed up

http://autostream.com/forum
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 10/29/2003 9:43 AM
hmm, got a colspan problem in there related to pntf. quick fix would be to 'undock' the pntf until you can figure out the location for that particular table
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/05/2004 6:27 AM
anybody know if this works for 6.6?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/05/2004 6:34 AM
It worked for me in our ezine forum here, even up to 6.7 I believe. You might need to adjust it here and there for it to fit, but it works smile
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/05/2004 6:42 AM
Thats great to hear. smile I will install it later tonight.
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 3:29 AM
I see Tim got this working on 6.6.. Can anyone confirm this works on 6.7.1 before I go hacking away? smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 3:32 AM
I've got it working on 6.7.1, but I can't remember if I changed anything.
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 8:45 AM
I already got it working on 6.6 as well. smile
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 11:31 AM
Hmm...

Can't locate /cgi/vars_rate.cgi at cgiultimatebb.cgi line 129.

I didn't seem to get this file on an export as I can't find it...

I tried to do a text export of this hack with multihack and it deleted not only my original files, but a directory where I've been keeping copies of every modified file in seperate directories for each hack, plus another directory where I have been a copy of what's on the server every time I add a hack. I don't know or understand how the **F** that happened, even when I made sure I had it set not to delete the output directory. The unfortunate thing now is that I have absolutely no backup copies of my original files and I don't know whether to cry or punch a whole in the wall. One thing is for sure, I will **never** use multihack on the same computer where I personally modify my own files again! Argh... mad

Can someone help me please before I decide to walk off the end of my fire escape? help

Thanks again...
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 6:51 PM
vars_rate.cgi? I've got no clue, I didn't have it and mine works fine
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 7:02 PM
Argh... I've got no backup files... Multihack deleted everything in three different directories... Please don't tell me I have to start over...

Do I need to rename ubb_rate_topic.cgi?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 7:05 PM
Originally posted by GATOR420:

Argh... I've got no backup files... Multihack deleted everything in three different directories... Please don't tell me I have to start over...
This is why you always keep a backup copy of the zip.

*walks off quietly*
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 7:39 PM
Originally posted by Ian Spence:
This is why you always keep a backup copy of the zip.

*walks off quietly*
Ian, you're a bad bad man...
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 7:54 PM
'Eh, I had copies of everything in two different locations, plus a seperate location for files specifically modified in each hack. Thanks to Multihack I have nothing. Even if I had a zipped copy, I'm sure multihack would have had it's way with it too. So to say I took precautions in making backups would be an understatement. Fortunately, I found I do have a deleted copy of my directories about one hack back I can restore.

However, if you review the hack. for public_topic_page.pl, it says find

$print_topic_wording

and replace with

$vars_wordlets_rate{rate_topic}

However, the only reference I can find to what I'm supposed to be looking for is

my $print_topic_wording = ($vars_display{PrintTopic} ne "no"
? qq( - $vars_wordlets{print_topic_leader})
: "" );

Are you sure you don't have to do anything special for 6.7.1? smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 8:07 PM
look harder, towards the bottom
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 8:09 PM
The reference is there. I found what you posted there and what I was supposed to find as well. Instead of replacing I added below. Just so you know.
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 9:33 PM
OK, I just restored everything to about where I had it and tried again. Exact same error...

There was a compilation error while loading the UBB.classic libraries and data files:

Can't locate /cgi/vars_rate.cgi at cgiultimatebb.cgi line 129.

Please make sure that you uploaded the CGI and Variables files to the proper directory, permissions are set properly on the files, and that paths in the control panel are set correctly.

It seems I am getting the same errors as Multihack...

There was another post on another older thread with the same error message as me on an older version. It's here:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/20/t/000167/p/5

By Bo$$

Any other possibilities? I do have several other hacks installed.. Maybe there is a conflict?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 9:39 PM
Gator, remove "rate" from the line beginning

Code
foreach my $file (qw(
around line 140 of ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: GATOR420 Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 05/15/2004 9:59 PM
Good gravy man, you are a friggin' genius!

I can only hope this will help others who may have the same problem. smile

Thanks again for your help and patience.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.1 - 6.4] Rate This Thread - 03/11/2007 11:26 PM
Works in 6.7.3, thanks tipsy
© UBB.Developers