UBB.Dev
(This is my first dual mod topic, but i felt making another topic would be a waste of space wink )

Title: Selected Forum/Category Display

Tested on ubb: 6.4.0.1 && 6.5.0

Description: The selected category display adds an option to let categories hide the forums, that it contains. The selected forum display adds an option to hide forum(s) from forum summary display. In both cases, the forums hidden will reappear when you click the category, such as ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=category;f=...'. Both can be used together or seperately.

Inspired by: This Topic

Download:
Selected Category Display
Selected Forum Display

Special Thanks: PrimeTime, tgreene

Demo: Down

Note: The selected category display one is not compatible with the infinite subcategory mod or the extendand category mod. Sorry.
Ohh...I didn't even see this thread. Hey Brett. I'm not sure if it was updated but I found that whenever I updated a forum name and/or created a new forum all of the selected forums (from the Selected Forum Display) appeared again.
in english, what does this one do again? smile
The forum one will 'collapse' a forum from being seen on the summary page. Sort of like a hidden forum. But will be displayed on the category pages.

Same thing for the category mod which can hide categorys and their forums from being seen.

PrimeTime: I'll check to see, I know where to look.
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
in english, what does this one do again? smile
Good stuff especially if you have a lot of forums. thumbsup

Ok...Thanks Brett! smile
Both Selected Forums/Cats tested on 6.5 but is backwards compatible. Selected Forums Text File updated. smile
Whoa...Sweet! I'll rehack both files. I'll let you know how it goes Brett. smile
Hehe...I guess I didn't have to do any changes to the "Selected Category Display" hack. I made the changes in the "Selected forum Display" but unfortunately the forums that I've selected to be suppressed appeared again after I renamed another forum...The "no" ended up as a "yes" again.

Maybe I did something wrong. LOL.
hrm...

Alright here's a couple of guesses. Make sure you added the "local($ivforumyes, $ivforumno);...." junk in cp_forums.cgi after "@thisforum = &GetForumRecord($in{number});".

Or try adding "&exochomp($thisforum[19]);" after "local($ivforumyes, $ivforumno);".
I'll try that today sometime as right now I should sleep (2:55am Hawaii time). sleep I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again Brett for your time and effort! thumbsup
LOL...I couldn't resist. I just tried it and umm...No go. Hehe. Today I'll re-hack cp_forum.cgi just in case. smile
An update:

I've been looking at several CP .cgi and .pl forum files and wonder if the problem lies within the update protocol which seems to tie in with the rest of the CP forum pages? For every update I do (all except inside cp_edit_forum.pl) my forum settings reset (back to "yes").

I've even check out:

$in{number}
$number
$ThisNum

= split (/|^|/, $uno); (whatever this does)

I'm not sure if this helps at all. smile
Feature suggestion for this:

add a little down arrow image or some "more >>" text or something next to the forum title to set the forums with collapsed topics under them apart from the rest

just a thought
Brett, any chances of getting this reuploaded?
shocked , got the link back up smile
this would be nice here smile
© UBB.Developers