UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres [6.x] UBB php style file - 02/11/2003 8:36 AM
Name: UBB PHP STYLE FILE

Description: Creates a vars_style.inc.php file in whch you can include your forum styles/header/footer/etc into any php page.

Link: https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6.3/ubbphpstyle.zip

Demo: none

Author: Allen Ayres

Credits: Charles Capps for the pointers smile

Requirement: UBBâ„¢ 6+

Note: Rather easy to install and run. It's of alpha/beta quality only because I didn't include any visual info (html) that the file actually did what it was supposed to. You modify cp.cgi and upload the the included .cgi file and access it via your forum's /cp.cgi?ubb=styles_php. It runs and writes the vars_style.inc.php file, giving you all the styles data you could need to use in any php page in your site. Require the file into your .php file (example: index.php) and call the variables ($Header, $Footer, $TableTop, $TableColorStrip, $FontFace, etc. etc. etc.) - for a full list, check the included file for what variables are written.

Thanks in advance to those who might find any bugs, I've tested it on 6.3 - 6.5 smile
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.x] UBB php style file - 02/11/2003 11:08 AM
Hmm...I'll check this out. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.x] UBB php style file - 02/12/2003 12:41 AM
Cool, let me know what you think, The discussion from the 6.3 version is found here:
https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000076
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.x] UBB php style file - 02/12/2003 1:03 PM
Alright, cool. I've read the discussion over at 6.3 Mods forum and I'll install this sometime today and take a look at it. Just about 3 days ago I released my site in which I had to manually do the tables. If I'm thinking correctly on what this hack is capable of doing, the cosmetics of intergrating the board with the site will be much easier to create and manage.

I'm not sure exactly if and how I'll be able to use this but as Bookie and X stated this hack could be largely used for a Portal (PHP to Perl).
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.x] UBB php style file - 04/05/2003 9:06 AM
it could be an easy way to carry the styles and basic table structure (TBT and TBB) over to a .php page smile
© UBB.Developers