UBB.Dev
Modification Name: UBB Spider Modification

Author(s): Micah Sporacio

Description: With the UBB Spider Hack, you can get every single thread in your UBB indexed by the major spiders. This is a sure-fire way to drastically increase the popularity of your website and see your web traffic go through the roof!

Demo: http://www.praisecafe.org/boards

Requirements: UBB 6.3+

Download Link: http://www.totalwebpackage.com/ubb-spider-hack.html

Credits: Micah Sporacio

Notes: Posting this here to give props where due to Micah Sporacio. His work has really improved the traffic at my site, mainly due to much-improved search engine traffic, noted here:

clicky - currently at >1,700 pages indexed. smile

I'll be posting another mod developed by the gang here later this week, but if you are able to use htaccess, and can't modify your ubb files, this one will work real well for you smile
Click Here 3,710
See the official review here
Just a note... this mod costs $50... Soon we'll be posting a free modification, which does almost exactly the same and does not require Apache... but you'll have to edit your UBB files. I personally think this addon is really great and all but I wouldn't pay $50 when a free version is to be out in a few days smile
Or you can do both and get twice the spiders :x...

Note that this mod is EXTREMELY affordable if you've ever looked into advertising for a site, heck $50 bairly covers 10,000 impressions at busy places...
I don't think they'll work together smile

I agree about the price tho, extremely cheap if you've priced other ways of getting your site's name out there, and getting thousands of pages into google does a better job of advertising your site than most anything I can think of thumbsup
yeah, but you can exactly do the same for free if you wait for charles' mod to be out
any idea when the free version will be realeased?

and in that free version will there also be a protection for privat forums and postcount restricted forums?

please let us know!
sorry ... just didnt read the reply LK... you said in a few days... so my reply was made for nothing..

although i have to say that i cant wait to have it!
messagedj, because the Google crawler-guest is the one getting into all pages, they won't be able to get into any private forums.
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
yeah, but you can exactly do the same for free if you wait for charles' mod to be out
not exactly, you gotta modify the ubb files still, which voids your infopop warranty, which never stopped us before tipsy
lol.. but then you also mustn't use any other hack... also I think ubbdev support is as good as (if not better than) infopop support, so users with modified forums can just ask here tipsy
that's why it never stopped us before wink
*bump: we're at ~4,300 pages indexed now laugh
::bump:: 4,590

we're in the lead!
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I think ubbdev support is as good as (if not better than) infopop support, so users with modified forums can just ask here.
Absolutely true
Update: this works with the 6.7 spider-friendly url's. If you have this and have thousands of pages indexed like I do, those indexed links will still work with 6.7's spider-friendly urls turned on thumbsup
Yeh try goin from the ubb spider addon to spider friendly url's... I had to rewrite boards.php to forward you to the board and give those spiders a hint wink
© UBB.Developers