UBB.Dev
Modification Name: Disable "hide me" user Recent Visitors pref

Author(s): Charles Capps

Description: This small one-line hack will cause PNTF to ignore the user preference of whether to be hidden or not, resulting in all names being shown on the user list on the forum summary / inside a forum.

Demo: none

Requirements: 6.7.0 Beta Release 1 (rv199) or higher

Instructions / Other Info:
1) Open ubb_lib.cgi
2) Find this line:

$vars_pntf{'AllowHidden'} = "yes";

3) Change "yes" to "no"
4) Save & upload. You will need to clear the board cache for the change to take effect.
I've updated the title of this hack so someone will notice it. Long requested thing and all that.
Wow charles, you made quite the bit one one liners didn't you smile . I very much like it and appreciate it, thanks smile .
Nice... I'll be installing this huge hack soon. laugh
I have version 6.5.0. How do I do this. I can't find that code in the ubb_lib.cgi file.

Maybe I am blind.

Please help
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

Requirements: 6.7.0 Beta Release 1 (rv199) or higher
I saw that and that was why I was asking for 6.5 mod.
If you want a mod written for an older version, then goto https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/forum/8.html?

This particular one cannot be used on prior versions because the setting did not exist until 6.7
Due to the complexities involved in the backend code to make this work, it can not be ported. That's why no one managed to get it working in the past two years or so...
Charles so you are saying I have to upgrade my forum to 6.7?
Yeah. wink If you're not comfortable running the beta, the final release should be out by the end of the month.
smile
Does anyone have an idea what line in the record has the flag for this option? I want write a perl script that would go though the database and turn this flag in the record so that people that have already changed the flag could be changed back to be display. I am assume this removes the option for them to select this option in the future, but does not alter the people that have already change the option not to be displayed. (Would this also have anything to do with have a guest(s) count when we run a closed board?)

All the best,
-Jon
© UBB.Developers