UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/03/2005 7:38 AM
Modification Name: Ignore User Posts

Author(s): Ian Spence, AllenAyres

Description: This allows you to ignore a user's posts by clicking on their profile and adding them to your 'ignore list'.

This is a beta-update of jordo's excellent work here:
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/20/812.html

Demo: none

Requirements: 6.7.x+

Download Link: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/upload/00000494/ignore_user_posts.zip

Credits: jordo is the original author for 6.2 and 6.3

Note: not actually working yet, I think there might be an issue between the newer cookies we use now and the old code left over smash Any ideas appreciated.
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/03/2005 11:57 AM
eXcellent smile

The only display change I think that should be made though is the "Post Ignore List" should display above the profile last updated and have its own section (i.e. Profile Fields, Your Prefrences)

Other then that can't wait to see this one working smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/03/2005 9:17 PM
That sounds like a nice tweak. Ian wants to update the javascript tomorrow, so with the next version I'll look at updating the display as well.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/05/2005 1:54 AM
it sounds like a great idea for one of the final UBB.Classic mod's smile , very useful indeed...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/05/2005 3:32 AM
Thanks smile

With some major help from Ian (ok, he re-wrote the whole thing tipsy ) the files have been updated to make it much easier to install and use.

It now works off your pm ignore list. Just install this in the 2-3 easy steps, upload and clear cache. Click on a profile, add them to your ignore list and voila!

thumbsup
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 4:55 AM
Updated with some bugfixes and a re-write by Ian to ignore posts by all users in your pm ignore list.

Plus... it now works yay yay yay

One other person install and test this so I can move it to 'finished' status smile
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 5:08 AM
I hope I just bumped heads as the install directions were not complete...

Unfortunatly I can only use the base code as the rest has to be modified to read from my database...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 5:16 AM
There's only 2 steps to the install, 'clear cache' should be at the bottom of the instructions smile
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 5:34 AM
Ok then the section that says files updated is wrong... Will give it a try and see what happens...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 5:54 AM
oh, yeah, those are the old files, now it's just public_topic.pl - I'll update the zip smile
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 6:09 AM
Is this compatible with PM Folders modification?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 7:09 AM
of course it is, it just uses your normal ignore list
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/08/2005 3:57 PM
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

Note: not actually working yet, I think there might be an issue between the newer cookies we use now and the old code left over smash Any ideas appreciated.
Still not working? or is it of "i think it works, go try it on your board and tell me what you break" quality?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/09/2005 2:36 AM
It works on my personal site quite well, I just wanted someone else to actually test it too smile
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/09/2005 4:56 AM
Ian any interest in aking a peek on my devleopment site and see what either I messed up or if the PM folders/ignoire list are not yet functional on my system?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/10/2005 6:58 AM
I think the next step would be to add this to the forum page so we don't have to see the topics they start in there smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] Ignore User Posts - 03/10/2005 7:54 AM
if you have the user number of the topic starter, that's easy, just create the same classes again and add the call to the stylesheet to the forum page too
© UBB.Developers