UBB.Dev
Posted By: dgermann Webrings useful for a community? - 03/29/2001 1:49 AM
Hi--

Anybody had any experience with web rings? Are they useful in building traffic and therefore a community?

Any hints to using them effectively?

Where do you find the best ones?

:-Doug.
[][email protected][/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com
Posted By: The Team Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 03/29/2001 4:07 AM
Actually, Webrings can really work well if you are in a "Niche" group. They help to promote like minded groups....For instance, my site is dedicated to the online game of Asheron's Call....and while I"m not a member of a webring, I could be, and people who visit my site could then easily find other Asheron's Call dedicated sites for information, etc.

Plus, there's some nice, visually pleasing webring components that make them really unobtrusive and very easy to just use.

Try a search on webrings, see what comes up.

Posted By: poil Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 03/30/2001 2:33 AM
i think that the only way for a webring to work is if you were the webring. i think that the owner of the webring will get more hits than any other site. i have no real experience with this at all. but i thought about joining a banner exchange. and i just said the heck with it and i created my own, and i got so many hits because of that. webrings are good for the cummunity.

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org
Posted By: dgermann Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 03/30/2001 2:34 AM
Thanks!
In reply to:

Plus, there's some nice, visually pleasing webring components that make them really unobtrusive and very easy to just use.

Tell me more, please....

[][email protected][/]
Posted By: dgermann Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 03/30/2001 2:36 AM
Poil--

Got any webrings you can recommend, or can say stay away from? For instance, Yahoo has them....

[][email protected][/]
Posted By: The Team Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 04/25/2001 6:44 PM
There is a new site www.022.com you and your users can build directories on the fly. Also for education edu.022.com

Posted By: dgermann Re: Webrings useful for a community? - 04/26/2001 2:15 AM
Agapit--

I went to that site but not sure what it has to do with webrings. Is it your site?

[][email protected][/]
© UBB.Developers