UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest Using WebAdverts with Threads - 06/16/2002 7:20 AM
Anyone using this service/product with threads? Or have you found any other banner rotation tracking service that works smoothly with threads?

Thanks...
Posted By: JustDave Re: Using WebAdverts with Threads - 06/16/2002 3:29 PM
phpadsnew works with ubb.threads 5.4.6 but I'm not sure if it will work with the current version. To use I included "phpadsnew.inc.php" into the ubbt.inc.php file at the top with the other includes. All that was needed then was to place the banner code into the pages.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Using WebAdverts with Threads - 09/16/2002 6:28 AM
Hey Dave,

And I've tried inserting ads in my footer usihng remote invocation....which is a basic banner ad type link...

But I get broken images and the link is just a blank page. The image comes from adview.php and the link is adclick.php.

I've tried including phpadsnew.inc.php in my ubbt.inc.php file...
I also tried invocation using the javaScript method.

How exactly did you do this Dave?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Using WebAdverts with Threads - 09/16/2002 2:46 PM
In my ubbt.inc.php script I added this to the includes:

include("$thispath/ads/phpadsnew.inc.php");

Then I just call this function:

view ('', 2, '', '', '0');

The functioin parameters will vary depending on what is being used. I believe that my phpadsnew version is 1.7 and I am using it with .threads 5.4.6

I don't remember having to modify anything to make it work though. I added it in about 1 year ago (maybe longer) and haven't touched it sense with the exception of adding the include and function calls to each version.

Hope that helps.
© UBB.Developers