UBB.Dev
Posted By: coloradok5 Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 1:56 AM
Thinking about moving my "for sale" forums to a classified ad program for greater control, anyone else doing this?
Posted By: msula Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 3:46 AM
I have not seen it, but have contemplated a threads hack for this. Strange enough, my forsale/wanted section of my forums are probaly about the most busy! And people get frustrated when they make an offer, and the seller doesn't notify them.. etc etc.

I would LOVE to see a built in threads feature to help manage this *wink* *wink*
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 7:45 AM
It would be cool to charge a fee for certain ads so not sure how that could be done with threads but I'm all for it.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 9:06 AM
Either charging for a certain forum ad, or making the ad sticky in the forum maybe? Just a thought if your gonna convert a forum into classifieds...
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 9:12 AM
Trying to find a way that my "Members" group could use the for sale forums for free and the "users" group would have to pay a per ad fee like 5.00 or something but would want it automated though.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 9:15 AM
One easy way is to allow only the 'members' group to start new threads in that forum. If your gonna charge a 'per usage' fee for anything, then you are getting into real time charge authorization, SSL and other evil/fun stuff. Maybe PayPal has an easy solution?
Posted By: so01 Re: Anyone using classified ad software? - 09/24/2002 10:46 PM
I would like that too.
People on my ad forums reply to their own posts all the time to get the post "sticky", and I get a lot of complaints about that.

www.steffo.nu
© UBB.Developers