UBB.Dev
Posted By: ericgtr My Site - 05/16/2003 4:49 PM
I am up and running, still dialing things in a bit though. A special thanks to the guys here for all their prompt help adding all the mods
http://www.vhfans.com
Posted By: JoshPet Re: My Site - 05/16/2003 4:52 PM
Very cool!
Posted By: AKD96 Re: My Site - 05/16/2003 7:06 PM
Looking good! That's one of the style-sheets I offer to my members, but you forgot the background graphic!

[]http://www.drumlines.org/threads/images/scifi2/scifigridbk.gif[/]

Attached picture 80733-scifi.jpg
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: My Site - 05/16/2003 7:16 PM
Van Halen 1984 was the first concert that I ever went to, I still remember DLR coming on stage with a blue sequin cape singing unchained - awesome
Posted By: ericgtr Re: My Site - 05/17/2003 12:51 AM
AKD96, those are nice graphics but does changing templates mess with mods? I have a ton of them now
Posted By: AKD96 Re: My Site - 05/17/2003 1:01 AM
You can add the background without changing your templates, you just add it to the CSS file. As far as the layout and changing the templates, you would have to re-hack your .tmpl files if you change them. If you just like the table borders and can do without having the forums seperated, I used Dalantech's table wrappers for a springboard in accomplishing them. All you'd have to do is edit your tbopen.tmpl and tbclose.tmpl files and add the images to your server and code to the CSS files.
Posted By: shortbus Re: My Site - 05/17/2003 8:32 AM
did you create that stylesheet? I noticed it first when you won the contest and have been in love with it ever since. The color scheme wouldn't fit my site, but the design/layout is freakin awesome. How can I get that?
Posted By: ksanuk Re: My Site - 05/17/2003 10:00 AM
Hi,

"Van Halen 1984 was the first concert that I ever went to"
Saw them 3 times. One of the concerts was for the launch of Balance, invitation only, about 300 people in a pub, open bar for 3 hours. Best concert I've been to.

Sanuk!
Posted By: AKD96 Re: My Site - 05/17/2003 4:34 PM
No, I didn't design the stylesheet. It's called Sci-Fi. The templates I use are my own personal variation of JC's and Dalantechs combined into one. My templates are heavily hacked though, and as I mentioned above, if you switch your templates you have to re-hack them all.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: My Site - 05/18/2003 8:25 AM
I'm partial to the blueish one.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: My Site - 05/18/2003 8:55 AM
Coolblue? That one is groovy. But I like to change around the default look occasionally.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: My Site - 05/20/2003 12:13 AM
[]ksanuk said:
Hi,

"Van Halen 1984 was the first concert that I ever went to"
Saw them 3 times. One of the concerts was for the launch of Balance, invitation only, about 300 people in a pub, open bar for 3 hours. Best concert I've been to.

Sanuk!
[/]

Lucky you! I can't imagine how cool it would be to see VH with only 300 people
Posted By: ericgtr Re: My Site - 05/31/2003 4:06 PM
An update on this, I have my site pretty much dialed in the way I want. I now have it so people can upload attachments to a different server and I put up an MP3 contest forum where people can submit an entry and then plug in a pre-generated poll under their attachment. It's sort of cheesy but it works and people have had no trouble using the mods so far
© UBB.Developers