UBB.Dev
Posted By: scats promo?spot=slooooow - 02/12/2001 1:41 PM
I'm connecting using Mac IE 5 on a 56k modem.

Since the redesign, I experience this on nearly every page: it all loads quickly, IE's icon will stop spinning, the status bar completes its cycles, but then the infamous "beachball" shows up, locking up my comp. anywhere from 8 to 30 seconds. This seems to be caused by whatever script runs the promo selection, since I get "promo?spot=10xxxx&random=1234" in the bottom bar.

Darn that wait is near unbearable. smile
Posted By: scats Re: promo?spot=slooooow - 02/12/2001 2:00 PM
Actually, to make things messier :D, it seems it's not just that promo thing. That long "Attention--recent events" thread in chitchat? Took a minute and a half to load. Sorry but that just makes me not want to read long threads at all. frown
Posted By: scats Re: promo?spot=slooooow - 02/14/2001 6:53 AM
So I was just zipping around IP's site, loading a 6-page thread under 10 seconds, hitting my back and forward buttons with perfect immediacy, no beachball.

:rolleyes:

[Linked Image] <---die, die die!! laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: promo?spot=slooooow - 02/14/2001 8:50 AM
Those menus may not be completely Mac IE friendly... I'll look a little more closely into them...

They build the menus when you access a page, so possibly it is taking a while longer than it should to process... if you can, visit that page Charles posted in the other thread about the drop down menus and tell me if you have any problems with it... it is a newer version of these...
Posted By: scats Re: promo?spot=slooooow - 02/14/2001 9:59 PM
Ah! Third example on the page is the very exact same one I've implemented on my own site--no lock up. Newer v. than here, I know.

That promo thing at the bottom threw me off, then. HUGE thanks for responding Allen! smile smile smile
© UBB.Developers