UBB.Dev
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 1:01 AM
On each forum's thread listings, why is there so much empty space?

For the UBB Hacking Flagship, there is scant actual hacking going on here. frown
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 1:27 AM
Did you make sure to select 'Show all topics' in the pull-down menu?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 2:11 AM
I guess this wasn't clear in my first post, but I meant the vast empty space at the top (i.e. just to the left of your screensnap).

I'm at 1024x768 and it doesn't get any prettier at smaller resolutions.
Posted By: psychopathic Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 2:52 AM
i'm not sure if you are familiar with basic design principles, but white space is good. It's better to have some white space somewhere rather than fill every oriface with SOMETHING. besides, what could ubbdev possibly put there? it's perfect as it is man wink
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 5:50 AM
Jeez. I don't mean fill it with something.

There are tons of wasted blank lines. The topics don't even start until almost half way down the page. It looks thrown together.

How could so much time be spent on a site about hacking UBB and not make it look decent? A few more tweaks here and there and it would really improve things.

How about the Instant UBB Code on the posting pages? Maybe the icons could be positioned 2 DOWN and 5 ACROSS to save all that wasted blank space.

Anyway. Not trying to be critical. Just trying to offer suggestions. If they aren't welcome, then just ignore them.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 8:27 AM
Thanks for the input. The base code in ubb took a fairly dramatic left turn in its last few weeks of development with the addition of the php stuff, it's taking the developers more time to take that into account.

We're working on the templates and a few other things as we speak. The site should be looking a good bit different next week. smile
Posted By: Bookie Re: Why all the empty space? - 11/22/2001 4:47 PM
Also don't forget that CC has been pumping out updates quite frequently, and they may not have all the time in the world to rehack the board after each little update.
© UBB.Developers