UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian Spence Server really slow? - 06/04/2003 7:23 AM
I've been browsing these boards for a long time and recently they have seemed really slow. I've had a lot of topics time out, but it doesn't do that anywhere else. the forum summary is pretty fast, but I'm about to try for the 4th time to read one topic.

I'm on DSL and I don't have this issue anywhere else. Maybe this has something to do with Allen disabling the accelerator? help
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Server really slow? - 06/04/2003 9:18 AM
ok now this is weird, do you do any optimizing for opera? I chose the same topic with both browsers, I'm still loading it on IE6, but I'm already done replying in Opera.

No other sites are like this :-/
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Server really slow? - 06/04/2003 8:43 PM
The delays may be from the text ads - I've noticed that they've been slow to load lately....
Posted By: LK Re: Server really slow? - 06/04/2003 8:46 PM
yes, I had the same problem with colorforums topic..
Posted By: CTM Re: Server really slow? - 06/05/2003 2:12 PM
I seem to be having a problem with the entire UBBDev domain now... frown And I don't think this one's to do with the TextAds...
Posted By: ¤®Ðìmý®¤ Re: Server really slow? - 06/05/2003 2:27 PM
Yeah, I have problems loading some of the topics too.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Server really slow? - 06/05/2003 3:38 PM
they've been doing some work on the server, updating software, it could be then. as well, if you are here ~1am CST, that's when they backup the server... it's slow for about 25-30 minutes then
Posted By: drkknght Re: Server really slow? - 06/05/2003 5:12 PM
these boards're runnin veeeeeeery slow now. taking 5-10 minutes to refresh a page. i agree, its the text ads (at least as far as the boards are concerned).

clicking on one of them takes 5-10 minutes to load their site.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Server really slow? - 06/05/2003 5:44 PM
I don't know what you did, but now the boards are amazingly fast laugh *uninstalls demon Opera*
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: Server really slow? - 06/24/2004 11:39 PM
Just thought I'd bump this instead of starting another topic.

UBBDev has been sluggish for me for ages. It's worse at work, but still bad at home. I don't have this problem with any other site and I certainly wouldn't expect it on a board with such little traffic. It's to the point where I hate searching around here because of how long each page takes to load!

Each time I click a link, it takes a couple seconds for the background graphic to load. Then there is a pause of anywhere from 15-45 seconds before the foreground loads. Even then, it's not completely loaded, because if I try to scroll down or type, I get a graphical smear of sorts which obliterates everything. When 10-20+ more seconds pass and the page refreshes, then the page finally navigable.

Could it be the Shoutbox? The annoying animated GIF under the Shoutbox? The slow host? A combination of all these?

Or am I the only one to have this problem?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Server really slow? - 06/24/2004 11:56 PM
It's not zippity, but it's not nearly that slow for me, what browser are you using?

I am using winxp IE6 and firefox .9, both work fine.

Note: the cache doesn't work well here, not sure which mod is the culprit. We hit ~13% routinely.

It took 6 seconds to load the forum summary, 6 to load this forum, and <2 to load this page in firefox, IE has similar times.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Server really slow? - 06/24/2004 11:58 PM
it's less than a second for all 3 pages when loading the .php version (IE used)
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: Server really slow? - 06/25/2004 1:10 AM
IE6.

Well, you must have done something. Things are still a wee bit sluggish, but not like the mind-numbingly slow pace it's been.

I still get the "screen smear" for 2-3 seconds after a page loads and I scroll up or down, but I can handle that.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Server really slow? - 06/25/2004 1:12 AM
What connection are you using?

Also, Allen, I wonder if there would be any difference loading without the UBB.circle. (not saying remove it, just a thought)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Server really slow? - 06/25/2004 1:31 AM
the screen smear happens to me if I get anxious, but the loading itself seems ok - I haven't changed anything tho... smile

not sure how long ubb.circle is gonna be around, the site isn't supporting the free demo for us anymore. would be nice to build one in-house smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Server really slow? - 06/25/2004 8:28 AM
I checked a few times earlier today and it was a little slow; but i tend not to care and wandered to another board for a few hours wink
© UBB.Developers