UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team Upgrade to 4.1 - Patch? - 07/14/1999 8:02 PM
Scream... I've made substancial mods to wwwthreads, most of which would be a hassle to revert back to after a full *new* install. If you keep track of each mod you make, why not make those available as an upgrade. It would be much easier for thsoe of us who have tailored WWWThreads to our taste. Your past patch postings are one reason I purchased WWWThreads instead of some of the boards.

If this isn't possible, maybe keep 4.01 online so we can download and diff both of them to find the changes.

Zendar

Posted By: Rick Re: Upgrade to 4.1 - Patch? - 07/16/1999 5:27 AM
Normally I would have a patch upgrade that would only include the files that have been altered. But with this upgrade I had to alter every file. Like I said on the info board, I split w3tvars.pm into 2 files, w3tvars.pm and w3ttheme.pm, so every file had to use the new w3ttheme module. And I had to make changes throughout the files where before they were like $config{'tdalt'} or $config{'fontcolor'}, where now they are $theme{'tdalt'} and $theme{'fontcolor'}. So, it affected every file in the whole distribution. I will leave older versions up so you can diff them to make the upgrade easier.

I don't make full upgrades a normal process and try to avoid them whenever possible, so hopefully future ones will just affect several files and not all of them.

---
Scream
http://www.screamingweb.com
© UBB.Developers