UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team WWWThreads Rules! - 10/22/1999 3:27 AM
I just submitted my registration... WWWThreads is _the_ best board I've found! I get UBB free with my webhosting accounts, but it's too slow; I tried Discus but didn't like its layout. I was surprised at WWWThreads' ease of configuration, and the admin features listed for the Pro version far outpower those of the other boards I've tried. Well worth the registration fee IMO.

I've been running the demo for about a week and I've accumulated a few posts. When I get the Pro version installed, will I be able to make a "seamless" switchover -- that is, can I use the same mySQL database that I created for the free version?

Thanks!

Shaun

Posted By: Rick Re: WWWThreads Rules! - 10/22/1999 3:31 AM
Hey, I'm glad it's working out for you and that you like the features. Always great to hear positive feedback.

As for a seamless switchover. Yes, basically you will just need to edit w3tvars.pm and w3ttheme.pm and then run an altertable script that updates your existing database to the Pro format. So you won't lose any posts or users.

---
Scream
http://www.wcsoft.net
Posted By: The Team Re: WWWThreads Rules! - 10/22/1999 3:40 AM
Great! This is excellent news. And might I add, I think this is the most timely response I've ever received, anywhere -- just four minutes after posting. You and your scripts are both top-notch.

Shaun

© UBB.Developers