UBB.Dev
Posted By: MTO members picture - 02/07/2001 4:20 AM
A minor thing, but maybe a small improvement:
In posts the picture of the member posting should have a link going to his profile. It just makes it a little more intuitive...

One more thing... why not allow members to upload their pic? It seems the only way to have a pic is if you have a homepage, and most people dont.

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com
Posted By: Brewskie Re: members picture - 02/07/2001 5:01 AM
1 more thing to add to that.....why not make the pic size divisible by standard size photos?

I still haven't figured out how to resize a 3.5x5 photo down to the size the board requires (see my profile image to the left - LOL). It's just not mathematically possible ya know. I ended up hacking the script a bit to make it work.

Since you're talking about that area of the messages I would also like to see little graphics for the ICQ, homepage, email etc ala Ultraboard 2k. I kinda like that about their boards.

Brew
OldHouseForums.network

Posted By: dgermann Re: members picture - 02/08/2001 2:30 AM
MTO--

I had guessed that someone without a website could upload their picture with a post as an attachment, hold their cursor over that to get the place the server stored it, and then use that in the profile.

Would that not work?

:-Doug.
[][email protected][/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com
Posted By: MTO Re: members picture - 02/08/2001 4:01 AM
Yeah... explain all that to a newbie! []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]
Besides... people dont want instructions on how to do things, they just want to do it without having to learn anything.

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com
Posted By: Eileen Re: members picture - 02/08/2001 4:53 AM
See this thread: http://www.wwwthreads.com/perl/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=wishlist&Number=24451

[]http://www.amdragon.com/images/eileensig.gif[/]
Posted By: Baalack Re: members picture - 02/08/2001 5:32 PM
Will that script work with all versions???

Thanks,

<B>Baalack</B>

Baalack
Posted By: MTO Re: members picture - 02/08/2001 6:06 PM
I am guessing it needs a little retouching... []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]
But the attachment is no longer there! []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com
Posted By: Baalack Re: members picture - 02/09/2001 4:50 AM
The attachment is there, I just checked two seconds ago. Re-touching? how much?

<B>Baalack</B>

Baalack
Posted By: MTO Re: members picture - 02/09/2001 5:54 AM
Sure enough, its there... I would have bet I got a "not found" error before... oh, I see, I tried to download an earlier attachment that is deleted from the same thread. But Eileens is not. []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

How much retouching? No idea until you try and see if it can be hacked in the same way and you test it. Some things have changed a lot since before 5.1, a reason why Eileen hasnt been able to upgrade yet. []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/] Hows it going Eileen? []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

Maybe one of these days I´ll have a try.

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com
Posted By: Eileen Re: members picture - 02/09/2001 7:43 PM
Don't even ask! I'm so bogged down in getting Woody's Lounge in good working order, I haven't had time for anything else. []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]

[]http://www.amdragon.com/images/eileensig.gif[/]
Posted By: The Team Re: members picture - 02/19/2001 5:09 PM
And Eileen is doing a great job of it. All of you need to checkout her work.

Woody's Lounge

[:red]D[:orange]a[:blue]v[:green]e[:purple]A
© UBB.Developers