UBB.Dev
Posted By: PeelBoy Just curious but what is the purpose of... - 09/06/2001 11:15 PM
The config box in the control panel being moved to the bottom?

That seems idiotic to me.

What is wrong with where it was?

Now when you have 20 friends online and a lot of 'favorite threads' you will have to scroll all the way down to edit your config settings.

That seems annoying. It makes more sense being on the top.

Is there a point that I am missing here?
Posted By: Rick Re: Just curious but what is the purpose of... - 09/07/2001 1:29 AM
It was suggested on the feature wishlist forum to move it down to the bottom because editing your preferences isn't something that you do as much as some of the other things. I know it's a bit hard to tell, but in the main table header on the control panel your username is a link that will auto-scroll you to your profile editor.
hmm from a design standpoint that seems kinda backwards because the stuff in that box doesn't change and it doesn't really get in the way much (it only takes up like an inch or two of screen space), but now the other stuff gets in the way of that box..

Grrrrrrrrr @ all of the people who voted for that feature.

I hope none of you guys design buildings. You might put the fire exists in the furthest, hardest place to get too because they don't get used as much and they are an eye sore for people walking by. lol
Posted By: Eileen Re: Just curious but what is the purpose of... - 09/08/2001 6:47 AM
I've changed all mine to Icons so they only take up half a line - with room for a jumpbox on the other end.

Attached picture 10-41272-controls.gif
© UBB.Developers