UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian_W Verion 6 - 04/24/2002 6:00 PM
Hi,

I know you can't answer this (so why am I asking this? []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/] )

However can anyone give me a rough timescale on the final version or even a more stable version of 6 & the UBB import tool?

I & my users are very keen to switch to 6.0 as soon as possible from UBB.

Ian
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Verion 6 - 04/24/2002 6:04 PM
scream is better able to answer it than anyone, but it mostly depends on how many bugs are discovered and how difficult they are to fix. []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Rough guestimate, a month or so to release, could be a little shorter, could be a lot longer []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

philipp is doing a great job on the import script, I imagine it should be final a bit sooner than v6 []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: Rick Re: Verion 6 - 04/25/2002 3:07 AM
I wish I had an idea at this point but unfortunately I don't. There's been a wide variety of bugs found which I'm working on now, then we'll release the 2nd beta and see how that goes. When we get a release out and the bugs start to slow down then we'll be getting close. Sorry to be so vague, but really unsure at this point.
Posted By: hatter Re: Verion 6 - 04/25/2002 4:44 AM
I must say, even with the bugs, my users are very happy with the beta. Keep up the good work and good luck!
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Verion 6 - 04/28/2002 10:49 PM
No problem.

I am waiting for the second Beta, and will then probably run it live.

Cheers,

Ian
Posted By: msula Re: Verion 6 - 04/30/2002 4:08 PM
my users are anxious for v6 to fix a few problems and get the HTML layout to be a little more like their old UBB. I was going to wait until the final, but I don't think they want to wait []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

Is the upgrade procedure easy/safe enough to go ahead and upgrade to the first beta, then the second when it comes out, and finally to the final? I'm not too concerned with the bugs, but I'm concerned about the work it will take on my end.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Verion 6 - 04/30/2002 4:59 PM
Yes, the upgrade goes pretty well, tho there are a few bugs here and there. Scream has posted that beta 2 is ready to go out, but hasn't been released yet, pending QA at Infopop I would think []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/] If you aren't in a real hurry, I'd wait for beta 2, if you are, go ahead and upgrade, it's not too difficult []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Verion 6 - 04/30/2002 10:27 PM
In reply to:

QA at Infopop

You mean that really exists? []/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Verion 6 - 04/30/2002 11:16 PM
I hear it does, tho it may just be a code word for "coffee break"

[]/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/]
© UBB.Developers