UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalar Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:28 AM
Haven't looked at 6.0.1 yet, but the forums here are showing a lit bulb for many forums, but not reporting how many new threads/replies are in each?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:31 AM
There is an option under Admin when you edit your config file to not do post tracking... do partial post tracking (bulb only....no post count), or full post tracking (blub and post count).

Switching to partial tracking will save 2 queries per forum (I believe).
So it's a "feature" and not a "bug". LOL

At least we have the choice. That was good implementation on Scream's part.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:37 AM
Yes it is an option now. Considering that there used to be over 60 queries used when displaying the forum information with ubbthreads.php compared to this:

Generated in 0.063 seconds. 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I would say it's a good thing. Saved over 45 queries!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:41 AM
I didn't even notice that... hmmmmm, it is a good thing, but do we miss the feature?
Posted By: Dalar Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:52 AM
it's .. different.

I kinda miss knowing what I'm walking into. If I have limited time, and it's just a couple posts, ok then.. but if I walk into 30 new posts, without the time to read them, I'm going to miss a few because they will no longer be all flagged.
Posted By: Dalar Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 6:54 AM
actually, I just noticed -- threads do still show as unread, but the bulb doesn't light up any more becuase there are no 'new' posts, but there are still some unread.

Bug?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 8:42 AM
There is a bug...that when you go in to edit your config file... if you don't specifically choose "full post tracking" it keeps changing back to partial post tracking.

Scream just posted a fix in this thread so that by default "Full Post Tracking" stays on when you edit the config file...without having to select it each time.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 8:44 AM
[] but do we miss the feature?

YES.
Guess I'm just used to it... or hate that open topic thing where the lightbulbs never work right. LOL
Love knowing how far behind I am with certain forums. LOL
Posted By: Astaran Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 11:13 AM
me too!
Please turn it back on.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 11:52 AM
Got to say I miss them - this was one of the features that I liked in threads - especially if the lightbulbs fail the ( ) was always there Mind you we might be running on long life bulbs now

Ian.
Posted By: hatter Re: Is 6.0.1 supposed to do this? - 06/17/2002 2:03 PM
Agreed, I like to know what about to walk into, too...limited time and all
© UBB.Developers