UBB.Dev
Where is that? I've seen several people who recently sign up but aren't posting w/ "Private" being where they are at in the site. I have two theories:

A) Private is what shows up in the "Who's Online" screen when they have just activated their account by clicking on the link in the email they get after signing up.

B) Private is where they are when they are in the photo gallery (using PhotoPost), because the mod didn't include anything as far as I can tell to correctly identify users (on the Who's Online page) as being in the photogalleries.

Any other possibilities. Or could it simply be a bot?
Yeah, private is any script or location that it doesn't know on your site. Most likely photopost or any pages that you haven't added to the online.php language file or that aren't sending threads headers.
Thanks! Now I'm off to the Mods forum to make a suggestion or two...
[]JoshPet said:
Yeah, private is any script or location that it doesn't know on your site. Most likely photopost or any pages that you haven't added to the online.php language file or that aren't sending threads headers. [/]

Read my reply.... I *think* you'll be fine if you just add the language strings to your online.php lanaguge file.

Like this:

$ubbt_lang['showphoto'] = "Viewing a photo";
$ubbt_lang['showgallery'] = "Viewing a Photo Gallery";

etc.... the first part is the script name without the .php

That should work on any page that calls the ubbThreads headers, which the photopost mod does.

That's what I do.
If you run this query

SELECT *
FROM w3t_Online

You'll see what script they are looking at under O_What

Make sure there's a language string for those.... then it won't show up as "Private".
I have also noticed that the PHPSELF variable isn't set when a visitor lands on the entrance without having the index.php file in the URL.

https://ubbdev.com will show as 'private'

https://ubbdev.com/index.php will not.

(at least this is the way it works on my site.. lol maybe it's just my site)
© UBB.Developers