UBB.Dev
Posted By: TonyN numbers below thread subject - 07/07/2004 4:31 AM
Am I completely spacing out about the numbers below the topics listed in a forum? Are they new??? and are they supposed to be the numbers of the responses or the numbers of the PAGES in the thread? Tony
Posted By: JoshPet Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/07/2004 4:37 AM
On what page - postlist or the showflat/showthreaded pages?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/07/2004 9:31 PM
Code
#116479 - 07/06/04 10:31 PM

If you are referring to the 116479, this means that your post is the 116,479th post made at this website. Threads uses this unique number to identify that post.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/08/2004 9:43 AM
I think he is refering the fault here that shows

( 1 2 3 4 ... 817 818 all )

beneath the post topic showing the number of threads in tht post, rather than

( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 all )

Showing the number of pages of messages, which is the norm.

If this is the problem Tony - no you are not freaking out
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/10/2004 2:12 AM
Ian - that's what I'm talking about...thanks! Tony

(Josh...it's on the forum page, not the showflat/threaded page)
Posted By: Ian_W Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/10/2004 3:45 PM
You see there are two of us going mad

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this - maybe they are not seeing it???
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/17/2004 11:31 PM
I've now listed this in beta bugs on the infopop board...see if we get a response there! Tony
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/19/2004 8:59 PM
Ian: it now occurs to me that maybe this is a new feature of 6.5...what do you think? Tony
Posted By: Pappy Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/19/2004 10:20 PM
I think you need to post a screenshot of exactly what you are talking about. subject field here looks the same to me as what shows up over at ubbcentral(running 6.4.2) I think if you posted a picture of what you are talking about people may have more insight on it.
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 1:44 AM
I'm afraid I have forgotten how to get a screenshot...OK! Figured out how to do it. Now let's see if I can attach that.

(Remember I'm talking about the list of subjects (threads) on the forum page, not on showflat...

Tony

PS looking at the result, it's hard to see as an inline image, but you can make it out if you click on the attachment link...

Attached picture 116972-screenshot.jpg
Posted By: Zackary Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 5:43 AM
Looks to me like it's showing a link for every post, as though your display is set to 1 post per page.

Do you use flat or threaded mode?
Posted By: Zackary Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 5:46 AM
In your My Home under display preferences, take a look at "Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode" option.

I set mine to 1 and got the same thing you seem to be seeing.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 7:13 AM
Hrm.... yes, I don't see those - Zackary is on the right track - what settings do you have in your display settings for number of posts per page? Are you seeing only one post per page?
Flat or Threaded?
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 7:28 AM
hmm...ok, I checked my settings, and it's still set at 20 per page. Furthermore, when I go to showflat, the number of pages shows CORRECTLY there.

For example, when I looked at a thread with 23 replies, in postlist, the numbers "1 2 3 4... 22 23 all" appear under that subject. But when I click on that subject to go to the showflat page, it shows "1 2 all", which is correct.

When I changed my preferences to 1 post per page, then the 1 to 23 shows up on both postlist and showflat, as you would expect.

I don't get it...I'm also curious to know if Ian sees the same, since he indicated he had seen the same thing before.

Any idea how I can get one thing on postlist and something else on showflat?

Having all those miserable numbers under every subject in postlist is...well...miserable!

Tony
Posted By: JoshPet Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 8:06 AM
I'm thinking it's got to be something specific with your settings (bringing out a bug).
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 10:03 AM
yes, that's the only thing that makes sense to me, though I THOUGHT my settings were just default...Tony
Posted By: JoshPet Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/20/2004 5:10 PM
Hrm.... actually seems to be related to the sidebar - which doesn't make any sense as how that would affect page numbers.

It only does it if the sidebar is on the left. I'll get that tracked down.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: numbers below thread subject - 07/24/2004 5:42 PM
Sorry been away all week (working in Ireland) - come back to find threads down on one of the sites I look after

Mine is set to 99 - which I always have it set to for all sites.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: numbers below thread subject - 08/01/2004 9:45 PM
I figured this out.

Needed to add U_FlatPosts to the authenticate() function of the sidebarpal.php file to fix it.
Posted By: TonyN Re: numbers below thread subject - 08/02/2004 12:50 AM
thank you, Josh!!! Tony
Posted By: Ian_W Re: numbers below thread subject - 08/02/2004 6:41 PM
I thought something was missing from the pages - just realised what it was LOL

Thanks Josh.
© UBB.Developers