UBB.Dev
Posted By: Twisty Could the edit time be increased around here? - 08/29/2004 6:04 AM
It's umm, far too short imo and I always find myself having to change something in my post but can't. Or sometimes even having to delete a post.

I've never understood why there's even a limit for that. The pro's of not using one outweigh any cons

Thanks for considering my request.
*cough* Preview *cough*
It isn't really an issue of using preview though (which I routinely do anyway).

Sometimes you need to go back and change code or whatnot, even if everything was double-checked at the time of entering the post.

I'm not referring to typos
Simplest way is to ask a moderator to assist - that is what they are there for (as well as keeping the riff-raff under control )

Problem is that if you increase it too much - threads can get destroyed by people editing their original posts - can get very confusing for others.
Don't post code, link to a text file. Then you do not have to worry about it
Any of the forums where modifications or stylesheets are posted here *should* have unlimited edit time. Maybe it's not working right after upgrade. But the forums where code and files get added should have it - that way the original post can always be updated with the updated file.
[]JoshPet said:
Any of the forums where modifications or stylesheets are posted here *should* have unlimited edit time. Maybe it's not working right after upgrade. But the forums where code and files get added should have it - that way the original post can always be updated with the updated file. [/]

I *think* it's currently unlimited for modifications & stylesheets, but it would be nice for the How Do I...
forum too 8)
© UBB.Developers