UBB.Dev
Posted By: Jhariden Case Sensitivity - PHP 5.3 - 05/06/2001 3:22 PM
Scream,

This problem is directly the opposite of the mark-up code issue I just posted about. IN this case, people are logging into our forums using any combination of characters (i.e. Upper vs. Lowercase). So for example, I could login using Jhariden, jhariden, JHARIDEN and even JhArIdEn and they'd ALL work. This is problematic because when the person posts, the user field shows the name as it was entered at the time of login. Thus giving the appearance of it being some OTHER user. It's caused arguments in our forums.

The other problem is that for certain features in the forums; the script checks the name and ensures it is entered exactly. So if logs in using something different from his or her original name, they can generate errors when trying to perform normal actions.

Jhariden (aka Strategist)
Stratics Forums
Posted By: The Team Re: Case Sensitivity - PHP 5.3 - 05/06/2001 4:11 PM
Check the "bug in login" post I did before...I posted a quick fix for it.

Posted By: Jhariden Re: Case Sensitivity - PHP 5.3 - 05/06/2001 4:47 PM
Thanks SwampGas... lets hope that fix gets into the next release of the script. :)

Jhariden (aka Strategist)
Stratics Forums
Posted By: powerlord Re: Case Sensitivity - PHP 5.3 - 05/08/2001 3:25 AM
By the way, this fix will stop the edit problem mentioned in your other post from having with new messages, but until you follow.... SitStay's directions, I believe they were, and modify editpost.php, if a different case is used in usernames, they won't be able to edit that message.

Moderators and Admins should still be able to edit said messages. Perhaps this is a different edit bug than you mentioned.

Administrator, Videogame Music Archive
Posted By: Rick Re: Case Sensitivity - PHP 5.3 - 05/08/2001 4:05 AM
Yep, all of these things will be fixed up for the 5.4 release. Just using the suggested patches from everyone as I'm porting over the new features.
© UBB.Developers